Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: ELO Mode

ELO is a refined and rewarding game mode. Discuss ELO subtleties with your rivals.
3774 subjects - 22942 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...157158159160161162...188189Next »       search the message board

Sunday 03/10/10

14 messages
English ---SiM-HoA--- - last answer from BigPoppaE, Sunday 03/10/2010, 09:29.
So far, my deck is:
Glorg 6/6 SoA and SoB
Pan 7/3 +3 Life and SoB
Oshitsune 4/7 -4 Opp. Power and SoB
TOTAL: 11* I currently have 28859 Clintz and im looking to improve this deck. I am looking for a second clan that has a good bonus such as GHEIST (SoB) that has a few quality 2/3 stars. I am willing to trade in my cards for better ones and buy new ones. I have cards that are worth a pretty penny but are ELO banned (Such as Rowdy) At most i can get 45000-50000 clintz please help!!!
7 messages
English 12t PI - last answer from rejoin, Sunday 03/10/2010, 04:24.
I'm currently running a mono-La Junta deck

3 4* Bryan, Getrud, Chiro
3 3* Trish, Jane R., Archibald
2 2* Thormund, Dean

I'm usually hovering around 1200. Anyone have any suggestions for adjustments? And I own every ELO allowed La Junta card.
12 messages
English mrgoodbar64 - last answer from rejoin, Sunday 03/10/2010, 04:19.
So what are peoples opinions on which clan two clans have the beast 3 stars

and which 3 star character is the beast to splash as a one of

and of course which one is simply the best!
Saturday 02/10/10

4 messages
English Crazy Gorilla - last answer from UM_AaaBattery, Saturday 02/10/2010, 13:00.
Been using this in the DT, and elo survivor

I win about 80%+ of my matches considering the fact any card can be entered into the dt (Hugo + MONTANNA )

Pan + Freaks (Bogdan and SoA) (Grudj + 7 pills get 2 back waaah?) and (Olga for attack manip clans)

Nice little deck, i'm going to see how far i can get in elo mode

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1529137
Friday 01/10/10

4 messages
English TalS - subject is closed
I have just reached 1313 ELO and I have done more than 5 fights today, if I stop playing this week, will I lose 2 points for not playing tomorrow and 4 points for not playing the day after tomorrow, which means I lose 6 points and I end up with more than 1300 ELO - 1307 ELO?

Thanks~
18 messages
English meantome - last answer from K1NG_PWN4GzZz, Friday 01/10/2010, 12:38.
7 Roots cards banned from ELO... i mean, i can understand the perma-ban ones, but you cant ban like the entire clan... theres litterally no point in using them because you cant use anything...
3 messages
English jviper360 - last answer from BigPoppaE, Friday 01/10/2010, 10:41.
Playable decks don't have to be expensive. I just passed 1300 with this one
id_deleted

Post your own low budget deck, or give me feedback on mine.
Thursday 30/09/10

12 messages
English Johnnae - last answer from UM_AaaBattery, Thursday 30/09/2010, 21:15.
Do you think montanas bonus is too much with their great stats?
8 messages
English calvin_0 - last answer from UM_AaaBattery, Thursday 30/09/2010, 21:13.
This is my deck so far

5* Avola
5* Don
3* Mona
3* Oscar
3* Sharon
2* Prince r
2* Filomena
2* Spiaghi

i try to replace Filomena with Veccio but i dont know what to replace to make that possible....

PS: i have every card in Montana except Gianfranco and CRs
4 messages
English CK-Manaburn - last answer from UM_AaaBattery, Thursday 30/09/2010, 21:09.
This an ELO deck I have been working on, it isn't legal this week cause Charlie is out, but hopefully next week... lol. Anyway, check it out, let me know what you think, obviously SOA kills it but...

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1526881
22 messages
English bigolfish - last answer from Trippie, Thursday 30/09/2010, 16:36.
The Permanently ELO banned characters are, for those of you with limited common sensibilities, characters that have been chosen to be banned forever from ELO such that they can never be used in that mode, and cannot be voted in, unlike the weekly bans.

Now for some, this is very and thoroughly justified (Kolos, Kiki Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanareava Cr) but for many others it seems a bit harsh. My thinking is that, as new cards come out and the game evolves, characters that were previously earth-shatteringly powerful are now considerably less fearsome. Some examples.

Ratanah (Roots): -4 opp attack min 4, SoA Ability; 8/5; 4 stars
This is a mighty card, no question. But there are several points that say it may not be worth of a permanent ban.
1: Roots are a crippled clan, in terms of mono-playability. Roots are almost always played as a half deck, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, but taking a strong card away from a mostly weak clan is a killer.
2: Since her banning, a number of Stop characters have been released. The best example I can think of offhand is Janice of Ulu Watu; at a mere 3 stars, Ratanah makes Janice 11/5, which makes Ratanah's ability practically worthless; at anything but 0 pills, Janice wins pill-for-pill for a Hefty 5 damage.

Example 2: Sylth (Jungo): Poison 3, min 1, Life + 2 Ability, 8/2; 4 stars
Another fantastic card, but with the release of Vortex her amazing abilities are now not so broken.
(Out of room, to be continued)
13 messages
English Omicron - last answer from TheTopHat, Thursday 30/09/2010, 15:22.
Here's the deck: Sexyyyyy.
you can spread it around all you like. :3

I don't know which one would fit better, or if it doesn't really matter.
You could say that Phyllis isn't affected by DRs, but her min 4 makes it situational...just like Mawpin's revenge ability.

Thoughts on who is better, and ways to improve the deck?

Thanks.
10 messages
English MABanator - last answer from Z4KALW3, Thursday 30/09/2010, 01:16.
Title says it all this is for mono Pussycats and also feel free 2 give your opinion on half decks
Wednesday 29/09/10

8 messages
English cockcock - last answer from cockcock, Wednesday 29/09/2010, 22:34.
I was just wondering why someone would make a deck of say, Roots mixed with GHEIST. I understand that it can be advantageous to get the best possible two or three stars for a clan weaker in that department, but surely this is outweighed by the potential to have a stranded loner out there with no bonus. Am I wrong in this? Why not take advantage of a chance for two bonus types in a deck?
4 messages
English ---SiM-HoA--- - last answer from HighFidelity, Wednesday 29/09/2010, 21:01.
Im looking to make an ELO deck. I am unsure if i should do
A)Montana + GHEIST
B)Montana + Nightmare
C)GHEIST + Nightmare
D)La Junta (MONO)
E)La Junta + Montana,GHEIST or Nightmare
(Once the Roots bans are off, im prob gonna make a Roots deck but im lookin for a temporary one)
7 messages
English redeemeraz - last answer from UM_AaaBattery, Wednesday 29/09/2010, 20:10.
Looks like Cliff is the next Rescue to be banned, along with Elvira. If this keeps up looks like Rescue takes the hit next week.
2 messages
English jviper360 - last answer from UM_AaaBattery, Wednesday 29/09/2010, 20:06.
Id_deleted
Tuesday 28/09/10

3 messages
English Johnnae - last answer from redeemeraz, Tuesday 28/09/2010, 19:43.
18 messages
English Kantimplora - last answer from All-GioYNWA, Tuesday 28/09/2010, 16:41.
And I beg the moderators not to ban this message just by treating a "delicate" subject.

I consider absolutely unfair the use of semievos. I think that corrupts totally de ELO mode.
You consider there are too powerful cards that must be banned so the game gets more balanced. But you allow the possibility of putting in the deck semievos that keep their properties and let the player put lots of nukes in his deck.
When the semievos appear the battle is not automatically lost, cause they can still reduce damage and let some option for the player to win.
But when all the nukes appear together, come on... that's a circus.
I know you can get in the top ELO without semievos, but that's really more difficult. You only need to have a look to the usual decks of the top players.
I find it contradictory that there's a room for T2, where you can use the most bestial decks, but you allow in ELO, allegedly the most strategic and balanced mode, this kind of abuses.

Well I know probably nothing is gonna change, but I just want to say what I think.

« Previous12...157158159160161162...188189Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals