Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: ELO Mode

ELO is a refined and rewarding game mode. Discuss ELO subtleties with your rivals.
3772 subjects - 22923 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...168169170171172173...188189Next »       search the message board

Saturday 14/08/10

2 messages
English kurppi8843 - last answer from papi61795, Saturday 14/08/2010, 00:07.
Your opinions on this deck? Future ahoy!
Friday 13/08/10

10 messages
English all41n14all - last answer from All-GioYNWA, Friday 13/08/2010, 23:38.
Which clan has the best unbanned 2 stars?
1 message
Only my 2nd week, but after a very tough week playing Rescue, I finally broke 1200 (So much harder without reliable SoA or SoB0

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1444491
11 messages
English HaNaGiS - last answer from Greek 69, Friday 13/08/2010, 22:49.
I really would love to get a chance to get up to 1200 in elo...
but i just cant seem to get past 1000 and its not like i dont win.
ive beaten a bunch of deathmatch's
ive place in the top 100 in DT...
but i just cant figure out how to succeed in ELO...
Pls Give me advice on what deck to use & who to try not to.
And if u can suggest on how i should use them.
i would just love to have a chance at getting 5 credits 1ce... haha
or mayb im just still inexperienced at Elo and im not sure how to get up there...
Pls Help Me.
let me know evrything that u experienced players know.
or if ur not to good and know some1 that is pls let them know about my post and c if they can help...

Plz Pm Me Stating That U left a Post On the Board so i can c it right away.
The sooner i get help The Sooner I have A Chance

Thanks Mods
&
Thank Yous
5 messages
English all41n14all - last answer from lordorgg, Friday 13/08/2010, 22:10.
Well i need to make a 23 star elo deck for an event it needs to consists of
4 2 stars
2 3 stars
1 4 star
and 1 5 star.
I was thinking of making a Bangers/Ulu Watu.
Graff, Bennie, Shogunn, and Bodenpower, Taigo, Nanook, Gabrielle, and Janice.
How does it sound?
1 message
The arrival of the Vortex has provided the greedy Uppers with an unprecedented opportunity to wipe out those clans which are deemed too poor to justify their existence in society. Seizing the opportunity, the Uppers quickly extended their hands (and pocketbooks) to the Vortex in an attempt to ally themselves with the new and powerful faction. The Vortex, realizing their need for resources and information regarding Clint City, accepted the offer and an alliance between the two clans formed. The truth of the matter, however, is that each clan plans on betraying the other once the other clans have been dealt with and Clint City is open to a quick and easy take over. Thus, Glenn commands the finest and most distinguished celebrities from the ranks of the Uppers, while Dagg and his personal bounty hunters, Deea and Neloe, lead a horde of violent C Wings into battle. The fate of Clint City has been sealed.

Hi guys, here's a quick link to my latest ELO deck. Let me know what you think!

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1444304
Thursday 12/08/10

104 messages
Z4KALW3 - subject is closed
I've tidied up my proposed solution and changed the thread title to avoid confusion. I've also changed the name of the proposed idea to avoid bickering about tiers.
-

Solution - Limit System.

- Mark all considered overpowered cards (Toro, Rolph, Smokey Cr, Charlie, etc...) as 'Limited'.
- Add new stipulation to Elo deck build rules:

Your Deck can only contain X Limited cards.

-

Details:

- Limited cards would only be the cards that are considered too powerful. So some clans would not have any Limited cards at all.

- The limited list could rotate, or it could even be placed under player vote.

- This would stop decks being made up with the obvious cards, but would allow us to still play these cards in a limited capacity.

-

Discuss, feedback, and so on...
The previous thread can be found here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=1529651&subject_page=0

Thank you to everyone who gave feedback.
1 message
As everyone is aware, new bans have happened. And i imagine that bannings will continue. The combination of staff bans and player bans should see some changes in deck and clan options. If this continues, the importance of collecting as many of the clans as possible and being experienced in playing each clan will continue to increase.

selling and buying a new ELO deck each week becomes more of a chore if the bans are constantly rotated.
So the solution is to collect and play

Play as many different clans and clan combinations that you existing collection allows (use Survivor ELO if you want to protect your current ELO score)

There is no replacement for experience. You may understand the bonus/ability of a card or clan. You may have played against a given card/clan and are quite familiar with it. You may have read the card reviews. You may have imagined different scenarios on how the card would combo with other card. But nothing replaces the experience you will have when using that card and going through all the thought process.... if i play this first, he will counter with this, or i want to play this card but i need to make sure it avoids being matched up vs a certain opponents card... and so on.

For example, ive played vs Vortex a few times, i understand the bonus, i understand the abilities, but ive never played a votex half deck or full deck yet. As a result my understanding of Vortex and how they actually work is a bit limited. So although i can do well vs decks with Vortex. im sure i would do better if i played Vortex.

When you play the certain deck/card it allows you to have first hand experience of what specific matchups they are strong against, and what specific matchups they will struggle against. The better you are with a given deck, the better you will be at facing and beating the same deck.

And finally, once you are familiar and quite good a using the clans that are in your collection... the better prepared you will be a putting together good ELO decks regardless of what cards/clans are allowed... and you will be able to beat a lot of players who are not as prepared as you are.

enjoy
12 messages
English XC Bangor - last answer from ceapaverde, Thursday 12/08/2010, 21:59.
Just wondering what you think is the most used clan in ELO this week.

I created a poll (as UR hasn't got this option) so you can vote once a day on what you think is the most used clan.

http://poll.pollcode.com/Zfl

My thoughts - I think La Junta is with Emeth running about in every deck... Stupid +20atk... but then again I'm using the Junta this week XD
1 message
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1442254&list

any thoughts?

apart from Kuei for kerrozin.. i find Kuei much more fit in my playstyle
3 messages
English owButtacup Ld - last answer from wasteroftime, Thursday 12/08/2010, 20:40.
What clan can i start using instead of Roots. I kinda prefer drs, 7 + power and life manip. not a fan of high damage, that's why im not using GHEIST.

Possible clans:
Jungo
Junkz
Sakrohm

I prefer playing half clans. Current combination and deck can be found in my bio.

Already used this clan with Roots.
La Junta
Pussycats
Freaks
Sakrohm
Jungo
Uppers

La Junta/Roots, Jungo/Roots Pussycats/Roots were my best combination.

So any clan ideas since Roots are on life support. Yookie, noodile and Shakra are banned, next week Lou is gonna get banned. I need some good clans. my strategy is built on gaining a large enough life gap that my opp wont be able to win.
4 messages
English Firefighter_X - last answer from Firefighter_X, Thursday 12/08/2010, 17:17.
So I was just playing a match and I was using Trish with 3 pills on her and my opponent was using Deea with no pills on it in an ELO tourny room.. and Trish lost.. I had more power and damage, why did I lose?

I've had this happen ALOT and I can't seem to figure out this concept to know which card will come out on top when the powers are really close like that. I've had this happen several times both in my favor and against me in matches. Does the lower star card get favored b/c it's the underdog or what?
10 messages
English Firefighter_X - last answer from Firefighter_X, Thursday 12/08/2010, 15:54.
Before reset I had a 1150 rating.. Now I can't stay over 1000
I'm using the same 2 decks. Also I'm overpilling like crazy.. WTH is wrong. please help.. I'm getting VERY frustrated.

Primary Deck:
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1120124

Secondary Deck;
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1014038
2 messages
English Lorukiru - last answer from Z4KALW3, Thursday 12/08/2010, 14:42.
Im currently at 1311 in ELO and for some reason I can never make it to 1400. The deck I using right now is
Montana/Junkz
Gibson
Malmoth
Sentogan
Tremorh

Donnie
Ottavia
Prince Jr
Sharon

I also use another deck that consists of Montana/Bangers
Angie
B Ball
Graff
Naykee

Don
Ottavia
Prince Jr
Sharon

Which deck should I stick with or should I make some changes. I also own most of the La Junta cards as well maybe I should use a half with them? I would greatly appreciate any tips anyone can provide.
14 messages
English Espada - 6 - last answer from rejoin, Thursday 12/08/2010, 13:27.
I am in need of a Fang Pi Clan.

Plz give me suggestions of a fairly cheap Either Mono or Some other Clan that would make a good Combo...Like Vortex

Plz Help The Noob Out!
Wednesday 11/08/10

1 message
I started playing in May on my iphone but have recently started reading some of the boards online. I reached 1247 ELO in my 1st week and 1300+ a few times already. I'm curious about the guilds, but not sure if I'm ready to join one yet.

I don't know if this is the right forum for this type of introduction but I figured I'd test it out.
6 messages
English im_a_n00b - last answer from wasteroftime, Wednesday 11/08/2010, 06:28.
Should I get Gil and Rowdy when they're cheap?

Or should I just w8 for emeth's price 2 drop?
4 messages
Deutsch HighFidelity - last answer from Z4KALW3, Wednesday 11/08/2010, 03:12.
New Elo Pill Manip~

i tried to make a pill manipulation deck with the new bans, please rate and comment.

and also: many of the new bans did hit pill manipulation (especially in Piranas). do you think this was done un purpose to enforce Vortex in elo?
1 message
Ok so I have been running several decks for the past couple of weeks.
The One I am working with currently is a Sakrohm deck
deleted

deleted
I ran the pirates for a little while with no success.

1368 Elo
I have run Jungo mostly this week with fairly decent results. I hit about 1150 before falling back, and I could see getting some luck together and hitting the 1200 ish area with that deck.

I usually try to prevent second turn ko's if I lose on the first turn, but I'm curious if I should not do that and just slightly pill so if the opp doesn't go for the 2hko I have better pills than I might have if I went balls out, and if I lose then Maybe use a lowish star card for the fall? would that decrease the elo I lose for the fail : ) ?

Anyway which of the decks looks best to you guys and what would you change. THANKS!
Thanks mods for posting : )

« Previous12...168169170171172173...188189Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals