Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: ELO Mode

ELO is a refined and rewarding game mode. Discuss ELO subtleties with your rivals.
3824 subjects - 23416 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...178179180181182183...191192Next »       search the message board

Saturday 17/07/10

4 messages
English SirElric - last answer from -Xins, Saturday 17/07/2010, 15:24.
I need advices for this deck, Reduction/Poison/Power Hell. I can't afford any high powered Skeelz card yet and Eyrik is banned so please help.
2 messages
English Doldren - last answer from 1mannARMEE, Saturday 17/07/2010, 13:16.
Here it is:

Nistarok, Glorg, Azgroth, Pan, Sargh, Mawpin, Sheitane, Eadh

What do you think? What should I switch?
45 messages
English FullMetalAlc - last answer from 1mannARMEE, Saturday 17/07/2010, 12:47.
I'm getting absolutely sick and fed up of ELO and I wanted to reach 1200 regulary but ALWAYS (repeat: ALWAYS) go off on a losing streak.
This happens EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. And I CANNOT EVEN REACH ANYWHERE NEAR 1200!!!!
(For those who say it's easy: NOT WHEN YOU'RE CONSTANTLY FACE AND LOSE TO ELO EXPERTS!!!!!)

Absolutely fed up with 2 credits and now wanting to move on to 5 credits BUT IT IS NOW IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Is there any decks that's GUARENTEED to work and get me to the impossible, unachieveable target of 1200?!?!?
3 messages
English Legasee - last answer from El Kabong, Saturday 17/07/2010, 09:53.
1 message
If you want a good elo deck test out your charecters in battle
see wich card goes in with the clan you want to put in elo
Friday 16/07/10

9 messages
English M-Bison - last answer from M-Bison, Friday 16/07/2010, 14:39.
How frustrating do you lot find ELO?
I mean theres me thinking 'ahh im gonna get top 100 thing week' with 1395 ELO, but obviously just to make sure i thought i'd play just one more game to get past that 1400 Mark, but no ELO decided it was time for me to drop 150 points Now im stuck on 1277 STILL on a losing streak, its getting to the point of wanting to destroy my comp. And no im not a raging nerd who takes the game to seriously im just jaw dropped by how fast i just lost 150 in a matter of 20 bloody mins.

How do you lot deal with it? I had to remove myself from ELO before i removed the comp screen

Talk about so close but so bloody far
8 messages
English Space Age - last answer from Z4KALW3, Friday 16/07/2010, 12:57.
I Need some tips on which cards & which clans i should use.
7 messages
English LOA Zeus - last answer from MABanator, Friday 16/07/2010, 09:47.
13 stars max, need some ideas
4 messages
English all41n14all - last answer from MABanator, Friday 16/07/2010, 09:44.
Which is better:

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1059278

or

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=969742&list

im leaning towards the bottom one but i could use some advice...
5 messages
English LOA Zeus - last answer from Yippers, Friday 16/07/2010, 06:07.
I have a Tessa Cr, a Tobbie, a Lehane, and a Melvin. (12 Stars)

What clan goes best with them and what cards in those clans (13 Star Max)
Thursday 15/07/10

4 messages
Português DS_coolasc - last answer from Z4KALW3, Thursday 15/07/2010, 20:34.
Would like to know what you ppl think about this decks, and wich of them is best.
- Pillz Manipulating Piranas: Spiaghi's Seafood
-One think that nice GHEIST deck (Toro unbanned weeks only): deleted
I got some experience with both clans and can mostly go well with both, just wanted to know which one has got more probabilities of taking me higher as don't play as much ELO (mostly DT)
2 messages
English le_jaune - last answer from Z4KALW3, Thursday 15/07/2010, 19:34.
I was in ELO tournament just now, fighting and the same square was NON-RANDOM, highest attacks always wins...
my character had 72 attack power and the my opponents was 60 ... i still managed to loose that round and hence loose the match... how is that possible?
(modos, if this is posted in the wrong place, please let me know thanks)
16 messages
English all41n14all - last answer from Z4KALW3, Thursday 15/07/2010, 17:20.
What clan would best complement a Junkz dual-deck?
5 messages
English Yippers - last answer from M-Bison, Thursday 15/07/2010, 13:54.
A summary of my profile: just over 260 official fights, level 17, haven't really explored outside the limited rooms (10-15, 15-20), and most comfortable with the Sentinel. I've browsed a bit on the forums about various 25* deck combinations, the ELO environment, and strategy in general. Got really excited when I unlocked the ELO rooms, then realized that I'm probably in over my head.

Some ideas that I've been directed to:
- ELO is highly competitive and change often and dramatically based on weekly bans and the power cards that they traditionally neutralize.
- There's an emphasize on SoA and SoB, ranging from always expecting an opponent to draw one to expecting a majority of the decks you'll face to be full with them -- and thus, an emphasis on stable cards (not too reliant on bonuses/abilities).
- Often nerfed clans includes Rescue and Sentinel. Coincidentally, popular clans include Piranhas and Roots.
- People with tens of thousands of games under their belt still fail at this mode.
- Focus on having selective, powerful cards in each clan -- all pretty expensive.
- Requires lots of knowledge about cards.

Questions raised:
1. Why are Sentinel worse than Junkz?
2. Possible combinations -- Sentinels with All Stars/Piranhas/Roots/Sakrohm/Skeelz? If so, what cards?
3. Too poor (~30k worth of clintz/cards, mostly invested into Sentinel but can sell) to attempt this stage?
4. Too inexperienced to attempt this stage?
5. Other advice?

Thanks so much for the help!
Wednesday 14/07/10

13 messages
English rogueSleipnir - last answer from Capt Jim, Wednesday 14/07/2010, 20:26.
I'd like to know some good recommendations on cards that make it easier to beat the recent Nightmare staples.

such as..

Oshitsune
Pan
Ghumbo.

things that come to mind are SoA Abilities (no bonus)
and manipulation abilities..
Tuesday 13/07/10

5 messages
English LOA_MR-D - last answer from LOA_MR-D, Tuesday 13/07/2010, 23:37.
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1385881 just built it today and have gone undefeated so far. Try it out.
5 messages
English Tazeller - last answer from Tazeller, Tuesday 13/07/2010, 16:37.
4 messages
English Lost_YDG - last answer from Fazil, Tuesday 13/07/2010, 14:49.
To start out this article i would like to explain that i have been trying a very interesting way of winning in ELO. Instead of using big bombshell clans ive been using Pussycats. My deck is Charlie, Yayoi, Muze, Wanda, Ella, Brittany, Spiaghi, and Bridget. The deck uses the damage reduction power of the Pussycats to protect my life so that the one hit from Yayoi or Muze or sometimes Charlie will win the game.

Most decks in ELO cant handle this because the decks in ELO are forced to use cards with lower damage and therefore the bonus of the Pussycats reduces most cards damage to 2 and under. This means that you may deal about 6 damage to me and i can then hit you with a Furious Yayoi for game or Bridget.

That brings me to the next point, Bridget. Some people say she is like Vholt and that she does the same thing as Vholt. She doesnt. She actually works well with the strategy i use because my opponent deals about 2 damage and then i gain 1 life meaning they only dealt 1 damage. Making this a very hurtful round because my opponent has now thrown a card with about 3-5 pills and i have thrown none. Now i have a pill advantage.

The weakness to this strategy is SOB. It seems that Piranahs are the hard ones to beat. They are able to use pill manipulation. This means that my pill advantage is none. It is hard to get around and i usually lose to them.

I wrote this article to show that there are other ways to win. Not just the one everyone uses.

Lost_One
Monday 12/07/10

1 message
Athletical Nightmare
can someone give me feedback on this? i feel like something is not very right

« Previous12...178179180181182183...191192Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals