Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: ELO Mode

ELO is a refined and rewarding game mode. Discuss ELO subtleties with your rivals.
3888 subjects - 24144 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...179180181182183184...194195Next »       search the message board

Monday 26/07/10

71 messages
English UmExcuseMe - subject is closed
...is the 5th most popular ELO card in the last 5 days. Does that strike anybody else as completely out of whack? ELO is supposed to be the most current format in the game, yet here's a CR costing over 27K clintz in the top 5.

Most people would agree that he's a staple in any Piranas deck, or even half deck. But he's a CR, so you can't get him in a pack. If you're a new player, you have to pay more than for any non-CR card in the game to get him on the market.

What this means is that Piranas, one of the strongest ELO clans, is now a lot less attractive to new players. That can't be good for UR.

-- signed, a wannabe Piranas player who registered after Smokey became CR
4 messages
English M-Bison - last answer from HellaBluhd, Monday 26/07/2010, 08:35.
deleted

Enjoy
Sunday 25/07/10

1 message
I wanted to post my new Pussycats deck, The price of beauty!
please rate and comment, there are a lot of options that can change it but i took what i could make
so please dont say to many changes lol

Peter
Saturday 24/07/10

6 messages
English Greschler1 - last answer from FastNaija-WMD, Saturday 24/07/2010, 20:53.
Mona
Enzo
Edd
Spiaghi
Oscar
Prince Jr.
Veccio
Ottavia

is the deck. Before buying out on this expensive deck (not too expensive, but still), I'd like to confirm that there are no better choices to have made with it. Also, if you want to express to me your experience and recommend a two clan deck, feel free to do so. Just have to drop out Oscar and a few others.

Things I was thinking of:
-Fabio seems to be a good card in T2, but in Elo, Enzo should take the lead. With poison on their heads round one, getting them down to 5 and 2HKOing from there is best.
-Rosa's ability is also nice because it allows Mona to raise a 2HKO without fury, reserving pillz to get that poison in.
-My concern is that when Rosa and Enzo aren't drawn, there isn't enough damage to pull the KO. But is this concern unwarranted? I'm a T2 player, and typically the only way you get the win is through KOs, so that's my concern.

Also, if you think Montana is the wrong path and want to tell me to play a different clan, feel free. Notes that I don't like playing: Freaks, All Stars, Jungo, Junkz, Roots, Uppers. And pretty much everything is banned. EVERYTHING this week. Seriously, the most expensive card not banned is Charlie. All the leaders, all the clan leaders of a few clans (and Ghumbo...seriously UR? Honestly, give us a break)....just ridiculous. Can't play anything anymore cuz it has 7/8 power and a good ability from a good clan.
2 messages
English Salgy - subject is closed
I was in the elo tourny room, non random wins and i attacked with Doran with a attack of 64 and he blocked with a guy from pirhna with a 45 attack and some how beat my Doran winning him the match
17 messages
English - Gino - - last answer from Puddin Tame, Saturday 24/07/2010, 06:58.
Banned:
caelus, Morphun, Ghumbo, Striker, Hugo, Oshitsune, sylth, Toro, Eyrik, Marina, Uranus

unbanned:
Shakra, copper(didnt reach over 5%)

weekly ban Hammer hit every card over 5% except for Shakra.
DISCUSS
Friday 23/07/10

31 messages
English Skirsdag - last answer from Lost_YDG, Friday 23/07/2010, 05:04.
It's sad.
Barely anyone uses Freaks in ELO - It's all Rescue and Montana and GHEIST (etc.).
Freaks is the one clan nobody seams to use.
I know it's probably because of their poor bonus (Nothing compared with SOA or even other Poisoners, like Dolly).
Maybe if it were Poison 2, min. 1 it would be different.
My favorite card when I was starting was Kharl, so Freaks have always been close to my heart.
So... Do Freaks work for you?
How do you do it?
Here is an ELO deck I created (I usually use La Junta), with basically what cards I had:
Boris
Esmeralda
Olga
Olga Noel
Soushee
Vassili
Zoltan
Erepeto

I know it's not great, but it's OK.... Cassandra for Erpeto would make life easier, maybe.
A question for Freaks Half-Deck Players - what clan do you use with them

Here's for Freaks!

6 messages
English odidon - last answer from odidon, Friday 23/07/2010, 00:04.
So i was about to start using this deck:

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=876504&list

untill i saw that Ghumbo was banned for ELO this week, what should i change in this deck to make it playable?
Thursday 22/07/10

2 messages
English 8H D-Sparky - last answer from dada450, Thursday 22/07/2010, 23:01.
4 messages
English Lunien - last answer from Lunien, Thursday 22/07/2010, 18:03.
Has done pretty well for me now, and no that expensive either (9k total), 11-1 so far.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_deleted
12 messages
English odidon - subject is closed
What cards should i put in my deck for ELO mode? i can not afford any Cr cards but can get all the normal Fang Pi Clang cards.
3 messages
English KingSkeelz - last answer from XC_newschool, Thursday 22/07/2010, 10:46.
Im confused on what to do i have just been losing lately.idk what to do i have 5 Vortex members and all of the Skeelz i just wanna win so please help.
Wednesday 21/07/10

5 messages
English Krahhl - last answer from spinalcracker, Wednesday 21/07/2010, 17:58.
I've never done ELO before, but I looked through some deck suggestions and the list of cards for what seemed to be the best and came up with this.

Arkn, Leviatonn, Methane, Bristone, Kenny, Pan, Azgroth, Sheitane

However, I am not familiar with what kind of cards are the most useful in the ELO environment. So before I start investing, I have a few questions.

Is this deck viable?
Are there any cards that should be swapped with others, maybe Kenny/Azgroth for Oshitsune/Glorg or Pan for Sargh?
Should I scrap this and go with another clan combination all together?
Also, would this deck work for the daily tournaments as well?

Any feedback, comments, or tips would be greatly appreciated!
127 messages
English Euzebe - last answer from Endracer, Wednesday 21/07/2010, 06:50.
Hello all,

We are aware that the ELO mode is not particularly satisfying as it is right now. Until now we had the will to staff ban as little cards as possible, only those which seemed really too strong according to us. We used to count on your votes to bring more diversity in ELO decks.

We will change this system.

We Don’t know how it will evolve yet but we worked quite a lot on it already. It will take some time before these changes will be released (not too much, you won’t wait for years Don’t worry ). The only thing I can tell you is that we’ll do what we think is consistent and efficient to give more diversity and fun to this mode.

There won’t be big changes in the game mode. Changes will be more on the cards ban system. We will handle staff bans with a complete different policy. Forget about «the strongest cards are banned forever». But there will be more banned cards, for a shorter duration and not only the strongest cards. As I said previously, our goal is : diversity and fun.

I’m sure you’ll like it
Tuesday 20/07/10

1 message
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1391764
Dang they beat me to the preset, but this deck is awesome!! I've been playing with it for just a couple days now and i peaked 1322 in ELO. Definitely worth tryin when they're more affordable
1 message
1320 elo but its only the seocnd day of the week. I am trying to make it to the top 100 and i am in it right now but its obviously going to get higher.
so i was wondering should i wait till later on in the week to push for 1400+ when there are more people in the 1300 ranks? And i dont have to constantly fight top 100 ones?

i need some advice it is only my second week in elo. I started late last week and i got to 1367 before i had to go then the tournement ended
5 messages
English TnT_Wazzupz - last answer from TnT_Wazzupz, Tuesday 20/07/2010, 18:39.
Well I to be honest SUCK at Elo... I know this question is asked like probably EVERY day but I want to make sure that I get the answer that I WANT and maybe the same answer that other people want. So I am a Bangers player and I use Full Bangers, Massiv ! for Elo. What I want is to see if I can improve this deck somehow to make it a for sure 1300+. I know people would say that it depends on skill but like I am able to get 1300+ but I kinda struggle (NO LAUGHING AT MEH!). Also for just some reason I would say that for what I WANT no Rescue please (I don't know, I just don't like them for some reason) and no semi-evos please because well quite frankly I can't afford it. I was thinking of maybe using this deck BaNg bAnG !!! but instead of Morphun maybe Shann or Shann when Morphun is banned and from the Vermyn N 3* to Juicy Lord? Your thoughts?
2 messages
English Legasee - last answer from all41n14all, Tuesday 20/07/2010, 15:21.
I think Im going to try this deck in elo
Stanly
Buck
Nanook
Garielle
Rowdy
Tremorh
Gil
Weenyle

« Previous12...179180181182183184...194195Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals