Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: ELO Mode

ELO is a refined and rewarding game mode. Discuss ELO subtleties with your rivals.
3863 subjects - 23669 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...181182183184185186...193194Next »       search the message board

Monday 12/07/10

1 message
I usually use All Stars but then the bans and then i used Montana so wich clan should i pair with it insted?
1 message
So far after 1-2 hours of play im sitting at 1158. So not that bad.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1384609

I'm going for 1300 this week(2nd week playing ELO and 1st week i went 1215 through 2 days of playing).
11 messages
Z4KALW3 - last answer from riley957_WMD, Monday 12/07/2010, 05:50.
I realise this may be a little premature as we don't currently have an 8 card set for the mode, and we only have 8 cards at all... but I'd like some feedback so far.

I ran this for a while when the cards first came out: My Beautiful Vortex II

I didn't have much luck.

As semi-experienced Piranas player who can take their mono sets into the 1300e+ range with ease, I figured their style would bolster my favourite aspect of the Piranas clan: their pill manipulation.

However, I found (with the exception of the wonderful Deea), that even though the pill return on Vortex loss was a threat, most of the time the pill return was just nowhere near enough to counter the more popular clans such as Rescue and (especially) All Stars.

I'm used to playing the crafty tactics with Piranas already, so I had a decent idea about how to play my Vortex to maximise potential, but no matter how well I played them they were just overpowered by sheer strength.

Often I'd be in a position where I'd have a pill advantage, but the pillz I has still weren't enough versus -2 power et al.

Perhaps i didn't invest enough time in the clan, perhaps I really need to rethink my strategy... however, I'm not convinced the clan are ever going to do well in Elo. Much like Freaks and Jungo, they seem to be a clan who will suit very specific playstyles and will be adored by their fans, but won't have the necessary kick to compete in 1300e+

Thoughts?
Sunday 11/07/10

1 message
I have all the gheists but the CR's i need to know a good half deck to go with my cards plz
2 messages
English Enron Hubbard - last answer from Jin Kisaragi, Sunday 11/07/2010, 19:55.
Here's my deck right now, I'm playing in Survivor to tweak it because I don't want to mess up my ELO ranking

Ditha
Nyema
Loma Noju
Kreen
Jessie
Ashley
Pegh
Spiaghi

The goal is obviously to try and pick up a 10 life point deficit or somewhere in that area and then just block all damage sent my way. The Pirates and Nightmare don't do much to it because it doesn't rely on bonuses, and Roots or GHEIST just ask for Kreen to fury them for a 14 point advantage to start the match. This is the rough draft but I think it's an interesting concept.
5 messages
English 0-kaizer13 - last answer from - Gino -, Sunday 11/07/2010, 18:21.
I've posted in request of advice in the other thread

with 4 good clans in my collection, I'm looking to get into ELO mode, this the list of my cards:
For Uppers, I already own Nellie, Oxen, Rubie, Zatman, Beetenka and Dorian
For All Stars, I already own Striker, Marina, Jessie and Randy
For Sakrohm, I already own Eris, TrinmkkT, SkrumxxT, Petra and Uranus
For Bangers, I already own Bodenpower, Lennox, Willy, Vermyn N, Juicy Lord and Graff

Which combination will be good? I've tried All Stars + Eyrik before, but can't reach 1300 ELO (it was about 1150)
14 messages
English samdan87153 - last answer from BesucherXia, Sunday 11/07/2010, 18:06.
Can there PLEASE be some kind of extra penalty for intentionally leaving an ELO match? I'm tired of losing uphands of 10 pts from a KO with pillz remaining because some guy left the match.

It's gotten much worse lately, in the past 3 weeks I've probably had close to 100 matches end by my opponent leaving before the end.

Maybe something like if they leave the match they lose/you gain twice the ELO points you would normally get?
15 messages
English drakenkanon - last answer from owButtacup Ld, Sunday 11/07/2010, 15:20.
Hallo all

looking at the Pussycats clan i thought they whould make a great deck in elo (no need for 1500 elo but im aiming for more than 1200), but are they? and if they are; how about this deck?:

[5] Bridget
[5] Ditha
[2] Wanda
[2] Feelyn
[2] Cassio Cr
[2] Ella
[3] Muze
[3] Noemi
Saturday 10/07/10

4 messages
English Polo706 - last answer from Zhudac, Saturday 10/07/2010, 19:57.
I would like to see a modification to the elo banning system, whereby players are permited to use elo banned card, at the expense of a number of stars.

It seams to me that some of the banned cards are far weaker than others, and as such they should cost just one extra star, and those very powerful cards should be worth two extra stars in elo play. this can be seen as a post modification to the star count of card in order to balance cards and clans acordingly
2 messages
English M-Bison - last answer from redwind, Saturday 10/07/2010, 09:53.
deleted

Comment/Rate.
5 messages
Español Zero-oscuras - last answer from redwind, Saturday 10/07/2010, 09:47.
I need help to find one deck ELO cheap!!
12 messages
English dada450 - last answer from Lunien, Saturday 10/07/2010, 06:32.
This is the link of the preset http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1373905

And i am looking for the right person to tell me how to play it. You have to say which cards to play first and how many pills to play for each cards. Please help me with this
Friday 09/07/10

2 messages
Deutsch HighFidelity - last answer from TheDarkOrc10, Friday 09/07/2010, 23:39.
43 messages
ελληνικά St3f - last answer from Diet Rich, Friday 09/07/2010, 19:39.
Simple question. Do you think any of the staff banned cards should see elo light again?
6 messages
English Ruby9Action - last answer from All-GioYNWA, Friday 09/07/2010, 18:28.
Guys here's my deck:

I use Jungo/Vortex. Here's my battle record.
07:33 Elo you beat lestoons, Final Fantasy (13-5): 1043 ELO
07:28 Elo you beat LF-Brook, Colmillos de Lobo (7-3): 1028 ELO
07:23 Elo you crushed argawen, Guild Only Peace (12-0): 1008 ELO
07:19 Elo you almost won against tox85, The AvƐngers (3-4): 988 ELO

I don't play much but i wanna break 1100 tommorow, so plz rate my deck and add any suggestions.
4 messages
English UhOhSpaghettiO - last answer from UhOhSpaghettiO, Friday 09/07/2010, 13:38.
I started ELO with a mono Pussy Cat deck and seemed to be getting my rear handed to me. I added some Bangers and now seem to be doing much better. What do you guys think?
Thursday 08/07/10

7 messages
English Legasee - last answer from Legasee, Thursday 08/07/2010, 17:59.
I cant decide whether i should go
mono Ulu Watu
ulu / Junkz
or ulu/ Bangers.
Please help.
11 messages
English TheDarkOrc10 - last answer from TheDarkOrc10, Thursday 08/07/2010, 01:42.
deleted

Hey advise required on this deck, Marina and Striker are both banned, I like davinas solidness and she is equal with rob verus caleus and her higher power lets her match up better vs attack manipulators, yes there are cards like Muze and Betty and Jessie but they are shaky, its a pitty though that I cant fit in Stacey. Besides Marina is mabye a little too samy why have her when Ella or Charlie can do the job ( I prefer claras sob though). Advice would be good, but like shadow council said cards like Kang can be better than robb in certain situations, have alexi with soa and the 2 star sob card gives options.
Wednesday 07/07/10

6 messages
English SoPunny-Zack - last answer from SoPunny-Zack, Wednesday 07/07/2010, 21:28.
Vortex and Piranas is the improved version of my old crappy deck O.o please rate! Rate up, that is.

« Previous12...181182183184185186...193194Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals