Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: ELO Mode

ELO is a refined and rewarding game mode. Discuss ELO subtleties with your rivals.
3864 subjects - 23703 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...182183184185186187...193194Next »       search the message board

Wednesday 07/07/10

6 messages
English SoPunny-Zack - last answer from SoPunny-Zack, Wednesday 07/07/2010, 21:28.
Vortex and Piranas is the improved version of my old crappy deck O.o please rate! Rate up, that is.
1 message
deleted
rate and comment
29 messages
English LoA-Heitah - last answer from TheDarkOrc10, Wednesday 07/07/2010, 20:18.
Banned for the week of July 4th-11th:
Caelus, Morphun, Ghumbo, Shakra, Striker, Marina, Oshitsune, Sledg, and Sylth.

It's interesting to note how many votes Uranus got this week, 271.

The only 2 cards staying that were above 5% of the vote are Toro and Hugo.

We'll see Hugo-tana, and probably an insurgence of the non-standard decks like Pussycats. Toro isn't a major player imo but with most major players banned, GHEIST will be played more this week than last.
1 message
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1376223

I find that SOB and SOA as Bonuses are to popular, so ive tried to balance this deck to be threatening in both fields.
Comments please!
12 messages
English all41n14all - last answer from all41n14all, Wednesday 07/07/2010, 01:16.
So i want to make and ELO deck with Ulu/Junkz.
I cant make up my mind on which characters to pick.
Any pointers on which characters i should use.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Tuesday 06/07/10

1 message
What clan goes good with GHEIST
8 messages
English GP Yaho - last answer from TheDarkOrc10, Tuesday 06/07/2010, 12:46.
Know i know this deck is expensive and high matenience but its a genius idea for elo
lv1 Wanda
lv 1 Gwen
lv3 Yayoi
lv 4 Charlie
Toro
Wardom
Leviatonn
and Methane
im not sure if anyone made this deck yet but the idea is pretty simple to bluff and for ur oppenent to overpill then nuke em
1 message
Hows this deck? I cant afford gill right now also its really a choice between her or tremorth for me, if gils in tremorht will have to be ottakol or Onik or possibly even Archie
1 message
Are Piranas and nightmares the best clans to use because of there clan bonus ?
I play pretty good with them but I feel im missing something to put me over that hump ..
Monday 05/07/10

6 messages
English E M E R A L D - last answer from UM-omom, Monday 05/07/2010, 11:55.
Today:
21:17 Elo you beat Phoxxx Carter (9-2): 1149 ELO
20:57 Elo you narrowly escaped from silver_strider, Los gladiadores (7-6): 1149 ELO
20:51 Elo you beat cococ20 (6-0): 1149 ELO
20:47 Elo you won by forfeit against tinkan1980, Sansprisedetête (6-6): 1149 ELO
20:43 Elo you were annihilated by GTR-SXCL 09 (0-12): 1149 ELO
20:41 Elo you won by timeout against 0UC_Charles, UpperClass (12-: 1149 ELO
20:35 Elo you narrowly escaped from Big_Daddy WMD, Wise Men Developing (11-: 1149 ELO
20:29 Elo you narrowly escaped from BP_Jushiro, TCA University (9-6): 1149 ELO
18:39 Elo you were annihilated by Gerard Kremer (3-16): 1149 ELO

I won 7 games but as you can see my ELO is still 1149! I was trying to get to 1300 before I leave tomorrow morning but I don't know why my ELO isn't going up. I'm not using any cards with the little ELO banned symbol on them.
22 messages
Z4KALW3 - last answer from Zhudac, Monday 05/07/2010, 03:49.
I didn't get it, but check the French comments: Take the red pill

I created the deck for this week's elo, it's a variant of one that scored me my own Elo record of 1353e. The variants of these are probably the most powerful decks I've played with, and this particular one is obviously very viable.

I'll be trying my luck with it for the rest of the week as it'll be rare that Morphun, Marina, /and/ Striker will be released together again for a while.
6 messages
English TheDarkOrc10 - last answer from LoA Fine, Monday 05/07/2010, 01:25.
I just wanted to coment on a coment that says to win the first round is most important in elo this is very not true as what good would winning the first round do you if you used up all your pills? It was on a thread about someone who got then locked the thread, someone who said they couldnt win at elo, a vaguely similar thing happend to myself but it was because i was trying out a new Junkz/Jungo deck that was on paper ok but it wasnt quite strong enough to beat the decks it was desinged to beat i.e other attack manipulators or high power cards and obviously struggled against the sob clans although strangely enough I did quite well in defeat against even those clans the deck would just not win my elo was down to 945 but I changed back to a deck I had being using recently and won 3 games in a row then drew then won to get me back to 1012 elo, unfortuntantely no one has yet told me weather this deck is better or worse than the exact same deck I used with Hugo but now I am using Bridget as Hugo is banned. Perhaps there is nothing in it! Either way some one did say my deck before had a max potential of the low 1100's so if Bridget has slightly weakend the deck or has not made a significant improvement then I guess that would mean I would still be around that level max, I admit I probably cant get the most out of any deck but I think I get more than most would out of the deck its just there probably arent many players in UR who could get the max out of their deck.
7 messages
English Defocus - last answer from LoA Fine, Monday 05/07/2010, 01:15.
Hello all,

I'm fairly new to this game but I enjoy the meta game.
I decided that with a list of deck types and the help of the community,
I can facilitate the learning curb and find more balanced strategies.

Also I want to focus on non-random, type 1, elo

Example one:

Deck type: Poison Stall
Card types: 1-2 [poisoners], 2 [walls], 2 [DR], 1-2 [Life Gainers]
Strategy: Poison opponent or force them to overpill, then hit with life gain/drain and block.
Example: Jautya, Corrina (2*), Sigma, Uranus, chiara, Praxie, Corvus, Redra

Example 2:

Deck type: Heavy hitters
Card types: 5-6 [2HKO'ers], 1-2 [low * DRs]
Strategy: be very unpredictable with pills because of numerous threats, plan is to 2hko (note sob is must)
Example: elya, Kati, Linda, Macumba, marlysa, Sakazuki, Windy Mor, Xia Leming

side note: the second example is random, I don't presume to know all the strats, tactics
Sunday 04/07/10

1 message
Warping Eklore
I think it's OK, but any suggestions?
3 messages
English 0- JP - last answer from kurppi8843, Sunday 04/07/2010, 19:59.
5 messages
English LB_Un67 - last answer from 0- JP, Sunday 04/07/2010, 18:07.
Is this a good deck idea?

Dwan 5*
Redra 2*
Deebler 3* (I don't buy credits so I have to max him)
Greem 4*

Uranus 3*
Sigma 3*
Murray 3*
Wakai 2*
12 messages
English TheDarkOrc10 - last answer from subclavianHoA, Sunday 04/07/2010, 17:46.
deleted

Its Junkz and Jungo, I know Archie is not brill but he is a counter to Roots, GHEIST, pirhans, nigthmare and any card with the ability sob that is not an all stop, soa doesnt hurt him!
3 messages
English calvin_0 - last answer from TheDarkOrc10, Sunday 04/07/2010, 17:11.
This is my current deck

Lv. 5 Avola
Lv. 4 Rosa
Lv. 3 Mona
Lv. 3 Sharon
Lv. 3 Ottavia
Lv. 3 Oscar
Lv. 2 Prince Jr
Lv. 2 Filomena

I just finish making this deck yesterday and i'm been trying Elo, however i can seems to pass 1077 (trying to get to 1100 for the mission), whenever i get to 1077, i get kick back to 1000 or lower.

it is my deck or it is my skill? if it is my deck, any fix recomanded? if it is my skill, then any advice?
2 messages
English HoA - Zero - last answer from 0- JP, Sunday 04/07/2010, 13:27.

« Previous12...182183184185186187...193194Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals