Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: ELO Mode

ELO is a refined and rewarding game mode. Discuss ELO subtleties with your rivals.
3868 subjects - 23819 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...187188189190191192193194Next »       search the message board

Thursday 17/06/10

7 messages
English milenk0 - subject is closed
Toro vs Methane
Both abilities were canseled, I used 9pills with Methane other guys used 6pills with Toro, its 70 vs 42 attack.
Somehow he won and I lost which was total BS cuz I controlled that fight from the start throwing a bluff card and then sitting and watching how he saved the last 6 pills for Toro which was obvious. So tell me how tha hell could I lose ?? I should have 1 hited the guy with Methane :/
21 messages
English codrin99 - last answer from milenk0, Thursday 17/06/2010, 02:04.
Ok in a match play Astrid 4 pillz and fury that should give you 8 damage . next if you have Bridget use the rest of the pills as herr attack is 5 you will ko by 1 point
Wednesday 16/06/10

4 messages
English Raisinbman - last answer from Puddin Tame, Wednesday 16/06/2010, 23:40.
Any Elo advice? It's been a since I've played Elo seriously, and I'm getting my arse handed to me. My best cards are Pussycats/Freaks. I can make a half deck of any other clan(though I'm probably lacking damage in most of them).

On a side note, it seems like every Elo player(at least in the 1000 range) tries to go for the 2H KO. Is that the secret to success? Should I be playing a different mode?
5 messages
English Blue Teddy - last answer from Endracer, Wednesday 16/06/2010, 19:28.
I've been looking through Public Prests (for the last hour)... Looking to find a fun clan/s to play around with.

At the moment I've been playing with Piranas and Sakrohm.

I was thinking Pussycats, Ulu Watu, Skeelz, or Uppers. But any fun deck that can do reasonable is good enough for me.
1 message
There is my cheap elo deck
can you comment what it need
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1336492
1 message
English Brusque - subject is closed
I was thinking of picking up Jungo, but i am unsure which cards to buy and if i shoud pair it with Pussycats or Freaks. i have almost all of Pusscats and Freaks (excpet crs). which do think i should go with? thanks!
2 messages
English grillowany - last answer from Brusque, Wednesday 16/06/2010, 16:20.
What can i change in that deck to make it better??
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1333040&list
7 messages
English TheDarkOrc10 - last answer from TheDarkOrc10, Wednesday 16/06/2010, 16:04.
Hey I am new and the clans like Nightmare and prianna seem overpowered even against Montana, how does one deal with sob? Of the pussy cats who is better jen or noemie? And finally why is it bad to have 5 stars in elo? It just means more 2 and 3 stars and unlike type 1 you dont get penalised for having 5 stars in your deck when you win. For a split deck is 4/4 best or is 5/3 best? Finally are leaders overated? They have one me the odd battle but they are pritty pathetic at fitting with no decent ability for themselves or clan bonus, yes they help your other dudes but its like playing with a man down. Is pussy cats and Jungo a good combo? What about pussy cats and Montana?
1 message
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1335082&list

Please rate/comment I am interested in opinions.

for week 6/13/10
Tuesday 15/06/10

1 message
For a ELO Piranas deck what is the best leeder
Ambre Eyrik Hugo
5 messages
Česky Aniston J - last answer from Skiner Cr, Tuesday 15/06/2010, 21:13.
Hi, please rate my deck
and tell me how to improve if no , rate !!

Than kls
5 messages
English HB-911(CG) - last answer from Zhudac, Tuesday 15/06/2010, 18:31.
4 card can beat attck manipulation
and
4 card can beat high powered card
9 messages
English carnivean - last answer from -Xins, Tuesday 15/06/2010, 12:09.
I have all the non-cr Junta cards. My deck is:

Emeth
Bryan
Jane Ramba
Trish
Masamu
Wardog
Archibald
Thormund

I lose about half the time. Is there anything wrong with my deck or am I just a bad player? I'm thinking about picking up a second clan so I can finally get some ranking, but don't want to bother if I should be doing ok with this deck.
10 messages
English Cypherus - last answer from MABanator, Tuesday 15/06/2010, 09:53.
It seems like a well balanced deck but I always see myself losing by the third or fourth round because I either use too many pills on my Dorian or Bryan or I am just one pill short of winning.

Can somebody help me with strategy for this deck? What characters should I typically use early on and how aggressive I should be.
Or even what cards I should use would be very helpful.

My deck:
Uppers
Dorian (U)
Oxen (U)
Rubie (R)
Samantha (C)

La Junta
Bruce (C)
Bryan (R)
Jane Ramba (U)
Wardog (C)

It would be much appreciated
7 messages
English Cresno - last answer from geoj, Tuesday 15/06/2010, 05:52.
I'm using Boris ,Esmeralda,(Freaks) & Burger, Leo. Mitch, Myke, Naginata, Wardog (LaJunta). Any pointers...?
Monday 14/06/10

10 messages
English 0 AI D0minate - last answer from wasteroftime, Monday 14/06/2010, 05:39.
Im using fang pi for elo, one of their cr cards is 8 8 pwr reduce
3 messages
English AjaxSmith - subject is closed
I've won the past 6-7 games in the past hour or so, yet my score has remained the same...anyone else having this problem? it is 4:45 pacific time atm.
Sunday 13/06/10

5 messages
English Torrential - last answer from Torrential, Sunday 13/06/2010, 22:57.
Okay I am stuck, and although I am half considering switching over to Bangers for their frankly impressive knockouts, can anyone help fix the problem I am having finding a decent 2 star to fill these holes?
I have 3 clans in both of these decks, don't know if the links are needed as well as the names, so here they are.

Display Skeelz, Sentinel Half
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1330457

Obviously Dayton will be leveled up if this deck is used.

Display Skeelz, La Junta Half
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1330454

I sometimes swap Bryan in as a 4 star here, I am not yet decided on the situational 1htko of Dacote being worth it, I am sure most good players can see it coming but at least if gives them pause.

I have a very full Freaks selection I could pair up instead, or I could work on my Bangers selection. I was saving for a CR, so I can buy any none CR card to alter the decks a bit.

Any ideas please? I dislike Wilhem on the Skeelz side, as I find him very situational, and I have enough of that in the deck already. I am okay for stoppers but could use a booster in power or attack perhaps, at a push another stopper. I am okay with a 5/3 split at a push too, if you think its worth getting thromund for the boost in power in the 5/3 split.
1 message
English DrTravelerLoA - subject is closed
Hello,

Voting is closed. Bans look to be: Caelus, Morphun, Shakra, Striker, Ghumbo, Sylth, and Sledg.

Notice: Copper is in, as is Marina, Toro, Hugo, and Oshitsune.

You'll probably see more Copper this week, even though GHEIST is playing with the full deck. Expect a LOT of GHEIST as a weakened Roots means that Draheera has a lot less to worry about. Sledg out means that Rescue is weakened.

An intersting question this week will be how much play All Stars sees. Marina is one of the clan's strongest cards so expect to see All Stars in the Half and Full decks, but it will be curious to see how Striker's absence effects All Stars builds.

I suspect that Piranas/Ulu Watu combination decks could do well this week. You'll have the raw power to take on Sentinel halfs, you'll do well against All Star half and wholes, and GHEIST shouldn't be that big an issue. You should expect to see the obligatory HugoTana.

Other thoughts?
2 messages
English BldyKnuckles - last answer from Exuritas, Sunday 13/06/2010, 12:58.
It is more likely to play 5 geist decks in a row, then 5 Ulu Watu decks in a row or alternating?

Or is it just random? Cuz sometimes...

« Previous12...187188189190191192193194Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals