Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: ELO Mode

ELO is a refined and rewarding game mode. Discuss ELO subtleties with your rivals.
3887 subjects - 24129 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...139140141142143144...194195Next »       search the message board

Thursday 03/02/11

13 messages
English zedjadark - last answer from Cypherax, Thursday 03/02/2011, 01:13.
Which clan do you think is better for elo I'm using Nightmare right now and I have Arawaka Azel Azgroth Dieter Kenny Mawpin Pan Phyllis what do you think about this deck for elo and if you think that Piranas are better than Nightmare can you tell me best Piranas deck for elo
Wednesday 02/02/11

4 messages
Português xeese42 - last answer from (UP)Mad-Salt, Wednesday 02/02/2011, 13:04.
Tks in advance
11 messages
English E10din - last answer from Blacjac, Wednesday 02/02/2011, 09:01.
What do people think of deleted
please rate and comment on it with suggestions
Tuesday 01/02/11

8 messages
English XC 1984 - last answer from Fanta Pants, Tuesday 01/02/2011, 07:18.
I have always wondered what UR's deal is with Blaaster. For some reason he has stayed off the long
permo-banned list when he himself is rather OP for a 4*.
This isn't the first time though with the strict bans back in summer seeing Blaaster somehow surviving the temp ban list before getting banned in a last minute decision.

I don't wish to create this into a malicious attack on UR or trigger some troll response, although that is impossible these days, but just question them on their decisions to not put this card down as well as how they choose what becomes banned because for all we know they might use a dart board to choose the permo-bans like they do with the Crs (apparently). Perhaps it's the simple reason that they didn't want to be draconian with their ban Hammer in saving Blaaster with the permo-ban of Shann and the loss of verymn n at 3*. On the other hand a complicated cynical reason would be that they wanted to cause a price surge with him so that people would buy credits although that would just cause inflation so only non-credit buyers would miss out.

Why should he be banned?

- solid base stats
- harsh ability + bonus (becomes a monster with both of these in tact).
- Has a tonne backup ( Chlora, verymn n, Shogunn all suitable replacements)
- The Bangers shouldn't be affected a whole lot in meta-game.

I could go on forever on long complicated points but I am reaching my character limit.

discuss!
4 messages
English WretchedShiro - last answer from swagmaster420, Tuesday 01/02/2011, 03:06.
Freaks are now much more usable in elo thanks to the switch to 15 life. Freaks is one of my most favorite clans, so it's nice to see a change that goes their way.
12 messages
English Kate - last answer from neo_08ms, Tuesday 01/02/2011, 03:05.
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/new.php

Any thoughts? I'm pretty much bankrupt after building it so try to take it easy on expensive card suggestions.
Monday 31/01/11

4 messages
English zorro1337 - last answer from DrTravelerLoA, Monday 31/01/2011, 20:17.
So with the ban of Elvira and continual ban off Cliff, my Rescue deck is lacking an SOA. i had been using http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=413214 as my deck but replacing Elvira with wesly just doesn't cut it. i have Hax but with the new 15 life points i can't use my Hax and Ghoub 2HKO. the only good Rescue card that i don't have is Aurora. anyone have tips?
1 message
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1186484
It's someone else's preset, but this is the deck I built and I'm looking for C&C. I'd like to try Jungo this week, but I know nothing about them really.
26 messages
English bazo0kajoe - last answer from Quizical, Monday 31/01/2011, 09:09.
The new clan brings in lots in terms of strategies and is healthy for the game. But, common? I think 0 pilling Vortex shouldnt return any pill at all. Two of the cards there can be played with zero pill (the -3 damage guy and the +10 attack guy). Imagine if Morphun is in play, it gives them +2 pills per round for free which is alot in ELO.

Any thoughts?
Sunday 30/01/11

3 messages
English Omicron - last answer from Mapoko, Sunday 30/01/2011, 20:03.
NEW ELO - 15 life.
It looks pretty solid, and the poison will be great with the new 15 life.

What do you think?
Feel free to suggest any changes!

13 messages
English Kate - last answer from M-Bison, Sunday 30/01/2011, 05:45.
Can Chloe and Miss Chloe be used in the same elo deck?
1 message
1416 Elo please comment and rate
Saturday 29/01/11

3 messages
English E10din - last answer from ShazamFTW, Saturday 29/01/2011, 23:59.
Who's That Lady?
please rate and comment. also does anyone think it has what it takes to hit 1400?
1 message
Something that I think would be a good thing...

When you go to look at "ELO" decks, thanks to the targeted bannings each week, and updates to the perma-ban list, about 90% of the decks filed under "ELO" can't be played in ELO, which is kind of useless...

Could there be an automatic trigger that when you have a deck posted for ELO that gets banned portions, it reverts to Deathmatch or T1?
2 messages
English 007karun - last answer from 0 Xavi, Saturday 29/01/2011, 19:34.
Are Vortex any good?
6 messages
Русский XC-MeRLiN - last answer from Vinyl-Scratch, Saturday 29/01/2011, 16:00.
As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

In my opinion, the 15 life point feature is unnecessary. Rather, if we agree to limit the cards used in ELO as those with a maximum power and damage of 6, that would be interesting! Will stabilise the market of the weaker cards as well.
2 messages
English Skeith931 - last answer from Skeith931, Saturday 29/01/2011, 06:06.
Im thinking of making an Elo deck based on one or the other
I have the following cards from each clan what would be agood deck to make and what would be in it
Nightmare Piranas
Arawaka Ector
Azgroth Gran Vista
Estalt Katan
K Cube Mayhem
Mojo Pesth
Nistarok Puff
Pan Sting
Timmy Taljion

my budget is roughly 5k plus whatever the unchosen set sells for
im open to other sugestions
1 message
Hey guys.. i finally got into 1200+ in elo i know is nothing big. but its took me sometime after changing clans to clans. i finally came up with this. any way to improve it?? thanks!
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1727478&list

« Previous12...139140141142143144...194195Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals