Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: ELO Mode

ELO is a refined and rewarding game mode. Discuss ELO subtleties with your rivals.
3862 subjects - 23613 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...187188189190191192193194Next »       search the message board

Monday 21/06/10

19 messages
English FullMetalAlc - subject is closed
I CAN'T EVEN GET PAST 1100!!! Every time I come close to reaching it I crash back down.

IS THERE ANY DECKS THAT CAN GET ME TO MY TARGET OF 1200?!?!?!?!?
1 message
Hey guys
found a half decent deck: http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1345764&list
gets me 1200 very easily, and other than Uranus, everything else is pretty cheap...

so really helps some of the beginners move onto next stage
Sunday 20/06/10

4 messages
English ZincSpider - last answer from ZincSpider, Sunday 20/06/2010, 15:28.
Is it wise to use Timber as a 1 star filler in any deck.
Cancel Leader works if both you and your opponent have one right? So not only is he a 5/2, but he makes their Hugo or Ambre less intimidating. And using level 1 Timber leaves room for other great clan cards.
If I'm wrong about cancel Leader (I only use Vasneer in Training...), then sorry, but this seems like a good idea to me.
Saturday 19/06/10

6 messages
English KitsuneKatsumi - last answer from KitsuneKatsumi, Saturday 19/06/2010, 18:49.
Ok so putting together mono Piranas, my thinking:

The non- negotiables are
Tyd
Tula
Taljion (he's the reason to make mono)

Next:
Ulrich (he is the only DR and a good one)
Sting (I just can't do without her! seriously, she just owns some matchups. I'd rather take her over Dahlia)

The next 2 obvious are:
Smokey
Scubb

Which totals 22*s. Which is tricky because it's not at all obvious which is the next choice at 3*...

Question:
Do I take a 3*, Hawkins, or Spycee?
If I take Hawkins/ Spycee:
Do I upgrade Scubb to Dahlia? Dahlia IS an upgrade over Scubb right?
Or do I take Spycee AND Hawkins to upgrade Smokey, Tyd or Ulrich to Dahlia?
What is the next 3*, is it Deadeye, Aktara, Redd or Andsom?

Deck Core 12*:
Tajlon ***
Tula **
Sting ****
Tyd ***

A 13*:
Ulrich ***
Dahlia *****
Smokey ***
Spycee/ Hawkins **

B 13*:
Scubb ****
Dahlia *****
Spycee**
Hawkins **

C 13*:
Scubb ****
Ulrich ***
Smokey ***
Andsom/ Deadeye/ Redd ***

Another way of looking at it, who to leave off the ship:
A) Scubb
B) Smokey AND Ulrich
C) Dahlia

The other question is:
After Tajlon, Tyd, Smokey and Ulrich, are any of the other 3*s (Andsom, Redd, Deadeye, Aktara) worth taking over Hawkins or Spycee?
12 messages
English TheDarkOrc10 - last answer from -Argos-ZS, Saturday 19/06/2010, 17:34.
Their support attack bonus neutralizes and even betters Montana in a no pills battle, as far as I am aware they have similar or higher power and damage, along with sob clans like pirhans and Nightmare are these the best clans in the game?
9 messages
English AegisDivine - last answer from -Argos-ZS, Saturday 19/06/2010, 17:29.
So far I've used La Junta, piranhas, Sentinel and Rescue.. I find the Rescue clan to be the weakest out of them all, La Junta is pretty strong.. The problem with Rescue their characters aren't really strong, who cares about the +12 boost and if you face soa your almost guaranteed to lose. Its like they threw a bunch of characters in there hoping just to balance it out like Glosh to help for soa and Kerry for courage, but when these characters don't hit they're pretty below avg characters and alot of times trust me they don't activate. How many times I had Kerry in my hand and I'm not the 1st to play or my opponent is playing a multi deck and had 1 character off that had no bonus, or when I play Glosh and my opponent had no soa..

Overall Rescue 6/10 for elo
3 messages
English ThatPerson - last answer from we_le-monster, Saturday 19/06/2010, 14:26.
Linky link: http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1335623

Montanas: Enzo, Mona, Sharon, Spiaghi

Piranas: Hawkins, Hawkins Noel, Selma, Tyd

When i could afford it, i was thinking about downgrading Enzo to Edd and then upgrading Hawkins Noel into Smokey Cr.

Now i CAN afford it, but i really want some opinions before i make the change.
3 messages
English we_le-monster - last answer from we_le-monster, Saturday 19/06/2010, 14:25.
Hey guys! i would like to know your highest elo rating and whos in your elo deck.
mines 1304

in my deck is

Ambre
emeth
jane ramba
Trish
Wardog
Dean
Thormund
Bruce
Friday 18/06/10

10 messages
English LoA-Heitah - last answer from rogueSleipnir, Friday 18/06/2010, 07:12.
Ban list for week 6/13 to 6/20:

Caelus, Morphun, Shakra, Striker, Ghumbo, Sylth, Sledg.

Copper didn't even get to 5% of the votes this week, which was easily predictable considering the Shakra factor last week. Copper will likely see a lot more play this week, which may lead to his ban the following week.

Sledg, which was barely above 5%, gets banned yet again. I sometimes wonder if those voting to save him would be better off not voting at all.

Those above 5% but remaining are Marina, Oshitsune, Toro, and Hugo.

This means Nightmare will be back this week, and All Star will pick up quite a bit over last week. Hugo-tana is going to see some play, especially during the DT hours.

With Shakra gone, mono Roots is less likely, so you'll more likely see your half root decks again.

GHEIST may see some pickup this week, Toro and the new dog included. Stop ability cards will decrease this week. (Shakra factor gone)

Most of the other week averages will continue into this week. Ie. the amount of other clans I haven't mentioned will see little change.
3 messages
English 0 AI D0minate - last answer from M-Bison, Friday 18/06/2010, 03:48.
This deck has put me on a winning streak of more than 15 now and i'm at 1400 elo
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1207555
I find it to be perfect in every way possible so balanced for me.
Thursday 17/06/10

2 messages
English art633 - last answer from 0 AI D0minate, Thursday 17/06/2010, 15:23.
Hey, I made something like that:

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1337777

Could You tell me what You think about it? Nightmare lacks good 3* so in 5* / 2x4* / 2x3* / 3x2* split I decided to use Uranus and Spiaghi as reducers, and Copper temporairy takes Ghumbos place... It looks strange but already got me past 1300 elo and I'm hoping for more with hand of all cards from different clans we have Copper and two reducers, and in case of meeting GHEIST or Roots, Nightmares bonus is often active with 2 or 3 cards to beat them
7 messages
English milenk0 - subject is closed
Toro vs Methane
Both abilities were canseled, I used 9pills with Methane other guys used 6pills with Toro, its 70 vs 42 attack.
Somehow he won and I lost which was total BS cuz I controlled that fight from the start throwing a bluff card and then sitting and watching how he saved the last 6 pills for Toro which was obvious. So tell me how tha hell could I lose ?? I should have 1 hited the guy with Methane :/
21 messages
English codrin99 - last answer from milenk0, Thursday 17/06/2010, 02:04.
Ok in a match play Astrid 4 pillz and fury that should give you 8 damage . next if you have Bridget use the rest of the pills as herr attack is 5 you will ko by 1 point
Wednesday 16/06/10

4 messages
English Raisinbman - last answer from Puddin Tame, Wednesday 16/06/2010, 23:40.
Any Elo advice? It's been a since I've played Elo seriously, and I'm getting my arse handed to me. My best cards are Pussycats/Freaks. I can make a half deck of any other clan(though I'm probably lacking damage in most of them).

On a side note, it seems like every Elo player(at least in the 1000 range) tries to go for the 2H KO. Is that the secret to success? Should I be playing a different mode?
5 messages
English Blue Teddy - last answer from Endracer, Wednesday 16/06/2010, 19:28.
I've been looking through Public Prests (for the last hour)... Looking to find a fun clan/s to play around with.

At the moment I've been playing with Piranas and Sakrohm.

I was thinking Pussycats, Ulu Watu, Skeelz, or Uppers. But any fun deck that can do reasonable is good enough for me.
1 message
There is my cheap elo deck
can you comment what it need
http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1336492
1 message
English Brusque - subject is closed
I was thinking of picking up Jungo, but i am unsure which cards to buy and if i shoud pair it with Pussycats or Freaks. i have almost all of Pusscats and Freaks (excpet crs). which do think i should go with? thanks!

« Previous12...187188189190191192193194Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals