I know survivor its not to be updated, and i am actually happy with the current state of it (dont 't get me wrong with this topic! i think survivor is actually balanced atm).
But with all the new cards being released and higher pot and dmg in most cards, what do you think about this ideas:
1. Increase the basic hp in survivor. i know the 13 hp is barely impossible to KO in 1 hit but its still pretty easy with 2 hits. If we get higher base hp the games would most likely last till round 4, poison and toxin would be much more impactfull ( kinda sceptic on this change because of freaks possible dominance). Either way with most cards sitting with 7 or higher dmg atm you are always finding yourself in a situation where either you won first round or you need to overpill because you might get 2 hitko ( i know this is part of the game but previously you did this choice everyone now and then, now you do it every game)
2. Increase basic hp + 5 cards instead of 4. Basically same idea as above, but now you could get like 20 base hp and 1 more round to deal with it.
My only issue with current game state is that 13 hp is to low for current base dmg. We had 12 hp when cards had lower base dmg and games lasted longer. Now you can't even rely on dmg reducers because most cards are immune to them.
Maybe i'm just not deep in the meta yet, but i find myself in a 50/50 at round2 in 90% of my games.
Just trying to get some opinions from you guys
1. I believe the reason for the 13 HP (I prefer to call it LP (Life Points) was because of Huracan.) On one hand, while you want to balance cards, if it gets as high is 15LP, cards such as Noctezuma Cr, El Exotico, Quetzal Cr and El Divino will be deadly here. Perhaps Judge Lynch could benefit unfairly?
Personally speaking, as Survivor is not meant to be like EFC which is a KO difficult room, it seems a focus strategy is placed on 2HKO. On the other hand, it's more like a "high stakes free-for-all room". Any card is allowed and virtually any winning strategy can be explored.
It falls under these categories in my opinion:
-Power Modif ( +/- Attack or Ambre )
- All Stars and John Doom Reprisal: -4 Opp. Power, Min 1 was very deadly in EFC when it was allowed.
-Life Modif ( -Damage/ Vholt)
-Reprisal with Ashigaru
-2HKO (John Doom when you're at Reprisal)
-Mono Roots/GHEIST and Ambre
-Damage Reducers and Damage Exchangers (+/- Attack to force Pillz spending)
-Pillz modifiers and Attack boosters/redcuers or Bonus stoppers (To give you better Pillz control)
For me, It's understandable that Freaks don't fare well in this room due to the nature of Poison 2, Min 3. I hardly see Freaks unless Vholt, Uranus, GraksmxxT Mt or Pussycats are involved as they are often associated with strategies aimed against 2HKO and are stalling in nature. Damage Exchange cards are good at being game-stallers, but fare poorly to SOA or Cancel Damage Modif.
I find it sometimes worth settling for this type of win E.g. 5-4.
It's not a KO, but with all 4 rounds, the opponent is under some pressure I guess.
2. I dunno if it's possible with 5 cards. I'd like it and I believe was even brought up by someone from our Guild in a Guild thread.
Not sure about the mechanics, but I'd be a bit curious. I just think Survivor shouldn't be solely luck based. (E.g. 12 cards in a deck) (10 is better to create variance).
While it's true Mr Big Duke ruins damage reducers (In fact, they were very popular and easily won in Survivor before he game), Exchange helped to some extent.
edited by Rowdy MOB Cr tuesday 19/11/2019, 18:05