There are various reasons, either
1) the players don't have a lot of time to play UR and it is faster to do missions in Training, or
2) it is because they want to relax, do their missions and not have to worry about winning, or
3) they want to level up some of their characters while at the same time getting some mission progress
Usually it is a combination of these reasons, for example I am mostly 2), but sometimes also 1) and/or 3)
No one hurt me as this is just a game. Dont make it personal , I did not.
1. Faster to do missions in training? Not in time as tournaments are faster in time and many combats take a lot of time in response.
2. I agree in part with this one but training is in principle to train and evolve characters not to do missions. When you go there to do missions you do not let the other players evolve their characters, I had fights ending in two turns and minimum evolution.
3. It is so not the case when you see all the chars maxed and coincidentally mission related and only one to evolve that I will not pursue this question.
I ask the moderators in future to consider giving players who want to evolve their chars a relief and put more odds missions in playing modes.