Just a quick message to let you know about some recents fixs:
- if an event manager forfeit a player, it should works flawlessly from now on.
- in "game" and "closed" mode, the event manager can hide the tools panel (for lisibility)
- in event, long description are now display with a scrollable zone (for lisibility).
- when a friend create an event or a preset, you now also get the short description in your friends feed.
- you now have the option to allow kate to send you messages, even if you refuse privates messages in general. (ON by default)
Also, some of you may be aware that Urban Rivals is coming to iPhone and iPod Touch!
It's gonna be a free download on the AppStore, and of course, you'll be able to use your existing account on the web AND the iphone/ipod.
Exclusively, for the curious, here is a sneak peak:
And if you already got one of thoses and are interrested in testing the beta version of the game, please let us know (thru customers support, mail firstname.lastname@example.org). I cannot promess access to everyone, but I'll allow at least 5-10 players to go into our beta program.
More to come about that and others stuffs
I guess the SDK and DEV process is way toomuch work and money for Ngage, it's the biggest downfall of the platform. The public API is certainly promising, once it's available I'm very sure that someone more skilled than myself will port it to J2ME @320x 240... if it can survive on an iphone then it will be able to reach people with REAL mobile phones.
J2ME makes very little commercial sense, I can certainly see why the choice was made to go iPhone and I agree that it is by far the smartest choice to make ATM
But with an API release the new J2ME version should be swift, it's a relatively swift transition and one that should take very little effort for UR fans to achieve.
UR is bound to work in many channels, iphone for the consumer and homebrew J2ME for the L337 crew, I think this will be a HUGE migration for UR and it will be interesting to see how it works over the next 24 months or so.
Fraggle it would be great if you could skip the battle scenes, a option to turn them on or off. That would make matches quicker and after 12000 fight saying 2 rounds per fight average equals over 24000 battle scenes . and thats only a level a level 59.