I wanted to try a different strat in DT, since I felt I wasn't able to win with my playstyle and the decks I was using...
... and I think I'll have to take that statement back.
The strat I was trying before was essentially very fast KOs. Usually landed around 26-27 matches/DT, the majority of matches were 2/2 or 2/3 2hkos. However, on the chance that the matches went to 4, I was usually having to go 2/4, which I think hurt my points a bit. I'd say average bp with the deck/match was around 23
I lightened up my deck from 31-27 (also switched sent -> uppers), and started going pretty heavy round winning. I still have 2hko threat, but the chances of me winning 3/4 in a 4 round win are a lot better.
DRs are tremendously useful in that they usually guarantee a win in a 2/2 split match, and they force certain plays from your opponents. You can deter a R1 nuke lead with a DR, and it skews 50/50s in your favor if you've saved it.
I like Maurice, he's not a pure DR, and he's a decent damage threat. On your opponent's leading turns, they can't pill as hard if you have a DR in your hand, and Uppers in general is strongest at moderate pills (eg. higher statted cards/power manip start winning out at higher pills). So I think he synergizes well with the deck.
Also, the amount of times you can sneak in his 5 damage is really nice. Landing Kazayan and/or Glenn in R1, then following up with a lightly pilled Maurice is a huge mindgame with your opponent.
With the newer deck, there's definitely less matches (hit 23 this time around, and I was playing pretty fast. Not sure if you'd get much more than this unless you got less stallers than me)... but you're consistently nabbing 30 for 3 round wins (partially that, and partially the lower star count).
I think since DT players are in general more likely to all or nothing pill, a middle pill deck like uppers has a really good chance of putting you in the following favorable endgames:
1) 3/4 KO with pills left
2) 2/2 KO with pills left
3) 2/4 KO with pills left
4) 2/3 guaranteed win in R3
5) (much more uncommon) 2/4 split, DR wins you the match
Dunno, just some rambling. I've only played the deck once, I'm going to play it a more and figure out how well it works.
This deck has some problems for DT, but the core of X-ODUS, Desmond, Dagg, has potential.
1. Spiaghi is a pure defensive card. Not too much of a fan in DT, though he certainly could work, depending on your playstyle. Personally, I'd prefer Prince Jr. for slightly better walling and a bit more damage threat. Spiaghi is fine, though.
2. Mona is a problem (-5 penalty). I'd probably throw in Sharon instead (Milovan doesn't have too much 2hko potential in this deck).
3. Cyb Lhia is an excellent card, but imo weak in DT. You win turn 1, possibly heavy pilled... but then what? She's not making any 2hko potential until turn 4 at the earliest, when your opponent ticks down to 7 health and you can FURY for the 2hko. In the meantime, you've wasted a win and your opponent can take advantage with their own 2hko threat in R2/3. Replace her with Ward Hg imo, he's all around solid and threatening in most hands (SoA isn't too common in DT) at deterring nukes/forcing higher risk plays from your opponent.
4. Neloe to Dregn is a fine switch. C Beast is also an option, though Dregn may be better in this case (Attack manip is quite common in DT).
Mona to Sharon
Cyb Lhia to Ward Hg
Neloe to Dregn
Spiaghi to Prince Jr