So for the game, I was thinking about making some qol mods perhaps (I'm actually a programmer irl). So I was wondering what I could make/get away with. So far I've thought of:
- Display alternate level art as final level art ie. Baby Q Rb's first level art is displayed when you play against her fully leveled
- Display the results of an opponent's last few games, and maybe their ELO this week if applicable
- Perhaps gather statistics on how many pills are used on average per card per round and display it in game
- Display how many pillz a player used when they play first (Doubt I'd get away with this)
- Possibly make a minimax AI that will state the safest moves (Iffy on this too)
Should I attempted it? Any other ideas?
You shouldn't have even written the 4th one down.
Excluding the last 3 (as an average wouldn't be easy to calculate, and certainly not reliable), you have some pretty cool ideas. My mama always did tell me programmers were horrible people.
Draw up a number of hypothetical game scenarios and states then poll people for what they think the best move would be, analyzing the results to determine which kinds of moves are the most effective when, and how to tell when they're appropriate.
That actually sounds like a solid idea. Up until now all it really did was compute 2 or 1 moves ahead and tried all possible moves and evaluated the position after the opponent responded perfectly (Either called it perfectly with their highesT dmg card or olded with a low star card) and counted the ratio of pillz and life of each player after. I might need some ideas for a better algorithm though for sure, it's too predictable atm and pretty basic coding wise