Hello Urban Rivals players,
In response to recent inquiries about RB card changes, we have decided to share some new information with you.
One of our biggest goals is to modernize Urban Rivals and make it marketable to a new generation of players. We strongly believe that this is in the interests of all of our players. In an indirect way, more players means more valuable collections for everyone, as well as new friends, guild mates, and of course, rivals! In the course of our development of modernization of UR, we came across a big problem. Some of our old art is not up to current standards and technical specifications. We had an urgent need to start cycling old art out of the game, and we decided to change the purpose of RB cards a little in order to help us meet that goal. We apologize for the abruptness of the change and any unintended effects it had on the collection values of some of our players.
We would like to share with you a small preview of UR's work-in-progress card redesign. This great initiative is what made the conversion to more modern, high-res art a necessity. We think you will be pleased with the results:
Regarding compensation for players who have purchased or won RBs, we have some updated information in the Rebirth 2.0 thread for you as well. We believe we have found a solution that will satisfy the needs of every player who has supported our original release of RB cards. Thank you for your patience, and all of your ideas, which helped us to arrive at a good solution for everyone.
1) Market sales should be cancelled when a new Rb is released. As the system currently stands, it allows for whomever is currently online to run the tables and effectively dictate a price floor for the original version of a card. By cancelling sales, it allows the sellers to dictate fair value for their card because market conditions have changed.
2) No post has addressed my point that original art is now functions as a ersatz Collector. Collectors, by definition, are no longer circulated in the packs (effectively limiting their supply and raising prices). Original art now falls under this category of no longer in circulation. Just because there is a substitute does not mean it is identical.
3) If there is concerns that older card art is not scalable in the new technical updates of UR and therefore unplayable, then card art should be changed across the board. Meaning, every card of Nanook, Wardog, Baby Q, etc in circulation is replaced with new art.
4) In the other thread, the logic of circulating Rb in packs was that it would make it easier for players to get a hold of a copy. This could have been remedied by making leader wars permanent. A player would enter the game mode, pick the Rb he/she wanted to win, agree to an entrance fee and draft their deck and pick their leader like usual. This would have still maintained Rbs as a reward, and allow for market supply to increase, ergo lowering market value and making them more affordable for other players.
To be continued
I guess I'll have to be diplomatic about this. Ahem. Ghelas, if the whole point of Rbs was just to replace the art on old cards so that they'd be compatible with the new game, why didn't you just replace everyone's old art with new art instead of making the Rbs super collector items (and then reversing that on the players)?
Why didn't you make an announcement that said: "Hey everybody, beginning Monday (or whenever), War Dog, Nanook, Striker, etc. etc. will have new art!. And then Monday, everybody wakes up, looks in their collection and says:"Wow, cool new art!" Everybody's happy. Easy.
Imo looking at announcements but not peoples posts I think
Rb's should be scrapped.
The old cards get a title (like rebirth but more suitable).
The new art become the normal card.
This way it doesn't separate rebirth from normal cards. The old art becomes 'retired' with a title. It may be confusing to new players that RB is current and no name is old but no name is current for others
I like having the old artwork even if there not usable. Also remember the outrage when they replaced the artwork for Vickie Cr.
@HipHoppa: I suspect the idea for rbs came about before they completely fond out the limitations of the old art. When they were first released the plan was most likely to have them as collector items but then whilst designing the modernisation they found out the old artwork didn't really function too well so they had to decide what to do. Someone probably then suggested re-making the cards with new artwork like rbs. It was at this stage they probably decided the idea for rbs needed to change to help with modernisation. (This is just what I think, I have no insider knowledge of the admins lol)
The ability ot change art........ and Rbs would never have needed to be created
my guess on this --- they had an idea of Rbs, got a bit carried away with it, held back a bit, had a new idea, went with it, and boom it went, now patching it back together and following latest idea
edited by wasteroftime friday 22/05/2015, 15:43
Yes, just replace all the cards when new art comes out. I mean, what are you going to do when the old Team Chman (and other) cards aren't going to be displayed, to be seen, tor even to be played when the new game platform comes out? Are you going to reimburse EVERY SINGLE transaction made between now and then on these old cards? People are SURELY going to complain when that happens because they are "investing" so much into these "Cr-ish" cards right now. You're not doing yourself any favor.
Just compensate the players who suffered a loss because of your decision of changing the purpose of Rb cards. We understand. Then change all arts and be done with it.
Ive been thinking about rbs for a bit and have some ideas.
-First I think this is the priority order for rbs:
First I think every card that new players will come across quickly and want to use, which needs new artwork to work in the new system, needs an update. e.g Wanda
Next the cards which are used a lot by high levelled players. e.g Uranus
Finally the cards no one will use but would be nice to have new artwork e.g Nobrocybix
- Second Cr rbs
I think yes butlike this.
1) Rbs would probably have to stop having to have rb. When the cr rb is released it comes out as the cr card e.g terry Cr's rb will be called terry cr. She won't be available in packs like a cr normally is.
2) Unlike when normal cards are released as rbs each player who owns the cr already should be able to get the rb version for free, but only 1 per player even if they have multiples of the original cr. (tbh this could be done with all rbs to allow them to replace the originals quickly).
-On a final note, though it might not be possible, it would be cool if each new blood release had the 4 new cards and 1 rb (with the rb being in new blood )