We are happy and excited to announce the early access to our new event creation tool for players level 60 and more. Only creation is limited to level 60+, it's up to the creator to set (or not) levels limits on his/her event.
It's still beta, it's still rough (although it has been deeply tested), and we dont have any help or faq pages up right now (we figured you coudn't wait any longer ).
The url is http://www.urban-rivals.com/events/new.php
- There is no page listing all the events, but your friends will be notified (thru the friends feed) of your creation, you can also send the link to the event's page.
- The level required to create an event will be lower upon release.
- There WILL be a full events section on the website.
- Our system doesn't handle automatically cards as prizes, for now.
- Our system DOES handle entry fees and sharing the clintz afterwards (and it's secured, you'll see).
- You can't create your own deck format _yet_, for now, you can only select from the 3 officials formats.
- After setup, it's mostly automatic during a phase (reporting & points calc).
- If you change the scoring rules, it wont recalculate the previous battles.
- All scoring rules are evaluated after a battle.
- Its frickin' fun to do an Event - TRY
Creators, use this thread to share your knowledge
I cant wait to see the first english-speaking events
ps: You can auto link to an event using event:ID
Two ways, you kick them out completely so that player(s) get her/his/their money back, or you delete the event completely giving everyone their money back.
Or you could send everyone a card equal to the entrance price. (But the other two options are more practical)
Hope I helped.
Why raise the level? Level 40 is a nice bar, because at that point you either know what you're doing, and will make a great event, or have no contacts, and make a crappy event that no one joins. Possibly make the event system work like guilds- no participants after 4 days, no event.
Well, probably a bit more than the guild requirement, being in a guild is a bit more important then being in an event.
Question on scoring . . .
Is there a way to do scoring as 1pt per damage inflicted on opponent?
So if each player starts with 20 life points
Player 1 has 3 life points remaining
Player 2 has 10 life points remaining
Player 1 will receive 10 points
Player 2 will receive 17 points + 1 for winning the match.