The Daily Tournaments:
- each Tournament will now last one hour rather than an hour and a half.
- there will now be 12 Daily Tournaments with one Tournament being played every two hours (e.g. 00.00 to 01.00, 02.00 to 03.00… 18.00 to 19.00, 20.00 to 21.00 etc&hellip.
- free credits will be awarded to those ranking among the top third of the table rather than the top half (in order to keep abuse to a minimum).
- the Tournament winner will receive an additional prize of 1000 Clintz.
The ELO Tournaments:
- an automatic system is going to be put in place to ban the previous week's winning ELO Clan (you will be able to constantly see who the top 3 Clans on the ELO ranking are). For example, if at the end of this week’s ELO Tournament the winning Clan is the All Stars, they will be banned from next week's tournament, but the following week they will be back in the running and the Clan that took the lead in their absence will in turn be banned. We realize that this system is not yet perfect and we will be closely monitoring its impact on the ELO mode.
- the number of Collector cards to be won will increase from the 3 that are currently randomly distributed among the top 25 players to 10 among the top 100 players.
- the number of rare cards awarded to the remaining players, whose ELO value is higher than 1000 at the close of the Tournament, will be increased from 10 cards to 30 cards.
These changes will come into effect from next Monday, December 03, 2007.
For the new ELO rules. What determines the winning ELO clan? Is it the most used clan or maybe something else? Do we still get credits for playing ELO and for the chance of winning a rare card it will now include all those who have pts higher than 1000 or still those in the top 150?
More prizes is good but the new change in ELO can hurt guys who does not have that many cards yet. This will be good for the business as people will tend to buy more credits to get more cards. But again the solution of banning one whole clan for a week does not completely solve the problem it can help change how the current meta is played but what if the situation would be like this: This week Rescue is banned. And people use All Stars. So next week All Stars is banned and people again used Rescue.
It will just be a cycle that if you can't used the best thing use the next best.
Congratulations to Mori for being a Mod you deserve it for your hard work in building the database
Yeah so in ELO if my rank is 1001 i'm elligible for a rare card?? that's good and all, but it takes a little challenge out of the tourny to win more to get a higher rank and EARN the right to win a rare card.
You all might want to rethink that...just saying.
Jashep is right.. I'm mean it makes no sence that the rare cards are distributed by everyone with 1000+ elo points..
You are triyng to prevent abuse making tournments' credits "be gaved" to only the third top but you let everyone with 1001 or plus get a rare card when there are a lot of people that fight 5 times and if have more than 1000 points doesn't fight more because they are only searching dor the 2 credits!