After several months of testing and successive Beta versions, we’ve finally officially launched the new version of the Flash game client. Totally rewritten (in ActionScript3 rather than 2, for those of you who are interested), this version is not only more reliable, faster and safer, it also allows us to add new features more easily.
We’ve done everything in our power to ensure you don’t feel disorientated when moving from the old version to the new. However, some of the options that were active by default will no longer be available. The purpose of this guide is to tell you about what’s new, what’s gone and the options available on this new version.
- The menu on the bottom left in the list of players has been replaced by an “exit game” button.
- The info of % from the collection has been removed from the lower screen bar.
- Players’ photos appear in the list of players and during the fight.
- (Optional) animations for the effects of the abilities between rounds (life wins, poisons, etc.).
- The (optional) display of the “free” Pillz and processing of this in the counters.
- Indication of the time left in a round in minutes and seconds.
- Button allowing you to pass from normal mode to accelerated mode to display animations.
- Pillz played in the previous round will be displayed.
- Descriptions of the characters, clans, abilities and bonuses will be displayed directly in the game.
- Addition of the directly usable XP in the end of fight summary.
- Addition of several different types of music depending on the clans visible on the ground.
What is the “free” Pillz?
The “Free” Pillz has always existed. It’s the Pillz that is added to your character when you play him or her. In the previous version of the game, if you had 10 Pillz on your counter, your character could have a maximum of 11 times its power (10 Pillz + the start-up Pillz). So in the previous game when you were calculating the number of Pillz your opponent could play, you would add “+1” to the amount displayed on the counter. The discrepancy between the information displayed and the actual information has always bothered us, which is why in the new version, the game “shows” you the free Pillz in the counter so you no longer have to add 1 when making your calculations. The figure displayed in your opponent’s counter is the exact figure. The game system hasn’t changed. We’ve just changed the way the information is displayed.
If you are bothered by the free Pillz being displayed:
Although we think this new display is an improvement on the old version, we realize that veteran players, used to the old system, might be bothered by it. If so, don’t worry. Simple go to game options (the little button on the bottom left during the game) and deactivate the free Pillz display. You will then return to the previous system. We do however advise you to give the new system a try.
If you think the game seems “slower”:
As we’ve added animations to certain stages that were previously invisible, the game may seem slower than previously. But don’t worry. If you’re in a hurry, you can deactivate most of the animations for an overall speed that is faster than the previous version. Once in game options, the best settings for optimizing speed are: activate “speed up fight animation”, deactivate “inter-round animations”. Tip: you can hit the “enter” button repeatedly to validate pop-ups and quickly go back for another round.
Keep getting(okay, so I got it twice..but that's two times to manyI) a glitch were a match is counted twice.
I.e. a match will end, and I'll go to start a new one, but instead of being a new one, it just replays the last round of my previous match.
XD Sorry if this is a double comment, but the "extra pill" thing only caught my eye reading after. I finally understand why people never understood me when I talked about my pilling. "What do you mean you three pilled? You only had two left...?". xD