You must have noticed a big change it the battle room list...
A new game mode has appeared in Urban Rivals: Deathmatch mode.
We wanted to offer you a kind of super fast mini DT with a limited number of players.
The DM points rules are different with several tricks inspired by Modern Warfare 2 => persecution, revenge, serial victories, etc.
It's still a beta for the moment. The goal is to do a sort of "life size" test and see how it goes, what would be relevant to add in the ranking, etc.
Know glitches :
We have noticed that there was the grey screen glitch in the flash if you expire while selecting your pillz. Just refresh the page.
It will be fixed very soon.
Complete rules, rankings, messages in the feed, special missions, division system to group players together according to their level.
Please, share your thoughts and opinion (no off-board posts please)
From what I have noticed;
- the game never usually matches you up with the person you have battled last
- you have to wait till a person is available for battle, and who is also clicking "Fight Now"
Inside the room, you will see "Kate" (the player at the top) and she has a timer attached to her. When it reaches "0", she blows up . . . just kidding. The timer is how long there is left till the next session. Each session last 20 minutes.
Now, go and woop some buttocks!-
We've already improved the group-building system to shorten the time you had to wait to find opponents. In T1 there are less players so the experience may be less positive than in T2.
About your remarks and suggestions :
- Rounds duration during fights => we'll try to shorten the timer a bit (but not to 20 seconds...)
- DM duration => we'll have a try with 25 minutes
- prizes => we'll see if it is necessary to change them once all variables will be added (duration, etc.).
- the choice to join a DM at the beginning or not => if we add this option it will be more difficult to find opponents when people will leave running DM. So... nope
- leagues in DM => it the same, it would be a big limitation in the number of players, so for the moment, no.
- hide DM results in the feed => this option will be added.
- incoherent points and position => we'll have a look at it
- Forced timeout in the last match => we are trying to force a draw in that case but it seems that the change we've made didn't work. We will fix it.
We will let you know about next improvements.
Euzebe, is there a way instead of forcing a draw, to scan what the score is at the time the deathmatch period ends and give the points to the person in the lead? It seems unfair that if you're winning on the last round, that you can't get your points for winning
That sounds like a bad idea. Everyone plays differently and just because you are winning, doesn't mean you will win in the end. Seems unfair.
And I haven't even mentioned the problem which will occur when one is using a "slower" computer.
A draw is just fine.
I also think that there needs to be 10 people per room. I got annoyed at the fact that i fought the same person 3 times in a row. not cool. Also i think the time limit on the room should be 20 minutes for mazimum effectivness, since the purpose was to have a mini dt