LeaderWars - The Leaders dish out the cards again in a new game mode
A wave of panic has hit the quays of Clint City: the Leaders have very unusually pitched up in unison in the hangar. What could be the reason behind all this? Well, they’ve had enough of Vansaar’s monopoly in that rat infested place where they were dying of boredom.
“What is the aim of this game mode?"
LeaderWars is a new game mode based on the “draft” concept! You can play with cards you don’t necessarily own, except for the Leader card that will lead your team to victory. Once you’ve registered, you'll be asked to put together your Deck of eight cards, slot after slot, choosing from several sets of cards that will be randomly offered to you. Each slot will correspond to a set of specific cards so everyone has the same choices.
“Is the gameplay different in this mode?”
Each character will still have its Bonus activated even if they’re the only member of their clan. This will help ensure the Decks remain varied!
“What happens once you’ve entered LeaderWars?”
LeaderWars is a limited mode. There are a maximum number of levels you can reach and you have a restricted number of lives in which to carry out the objective. Your mission is simple: it's up to you to be the toughest and get as far as you can using all your lives. Each win entitles you to win bigger and better prizes. So don’t go giving up!
“OK, that sounds fun, but what exactly can I win in this game mode?”
Winning a fight is already no easy task in the streets of Clint City, so winning a war is not necessarily within the reach of your average player. You’ll have to pay an entrance fee because as one Junta member pointed out on condition of anonymity, “it takes money to make money so everyone needs to make a small contribution to refuel the supply of prizes on offer”.
But don’t panic, you’ll make a profit on it in no time at all!
And winners of these jousts will be generously rewarded for their efforts, to the extent that even the Uppers will be jealous!
“Is this mode here to stay?”
The Leader Wars mode is a feature mode: it won’t always be on the list of game modes but will regularly appear on an ad hoc basis.
Ready to fight, soldier?
Well after the initial excitement of a new room... the novelty has worn off
i think ive played somewhere between 50-60 runs at LW
so some feedback
1)The adjustments to Leaders have been a good thing, there is more variety of leaders being selected. I do think Ashigaru needs a weak reprisal team ability to make him playable
2)there are too many matches decided more or less before the first round is played. And definitely the vast majority of matches are decided after round 1. This has mainly to do with awesome cards being backed up by a Leader
3)i am now often having to wait a while to connect with another player, this is probably due to the drop in number of players from the initial amount that played in the first week this was out
4) 2000 clintz is probably the about the right amount for an entry. If you get to win 4 or 5 i think you recover the cost quite easily with the credits you get out of it. obviously only winning 1-2 matches is costly, as it should be.
things to do for UR staff
1) ACT FAST. UR staff cannot allow this format to lose any momentum is has generated (if any)
2) Change that card pool
3) Do something to generate some interest into the format -- i.e. maybe do a reduced entry fee for a limited time to get EVERYONE to try the format
I heard there were a few ways to cheat in it (mods, feel free to delete any/all of this if you think it's too "compromising" ). I myself didn't actually try any of these, but from what I heard people were rapidly clicking the "take part in leader wars" button which would cause the thing to think you were playing in a normal DT room, which'd result in people starting with their current preset decks and not having to pay the 2000ctz fee. It's an odd thing indeed, mind you it kinda follows the old saying about how "no matter how complex or smart the mousetrap is, there'll always be a few rats smart enough to disable and get around it".
1) I really wasn't in favor of changing the leaders at all but since it's already happened I agree that Ashigaru needs an upgrade.
2) The card pool really needs to be added to. There are some totally useless cards in there which is how it should be but I really think the 'support' cards should just be taken out. And there definitely needs to be MORE cards. Every now and then you see a Fei or a Stella but you have to wonder how many cards of those clans are in the pool when every deck has 3 Frozn and 2 Bangers, ya know?