The population was too low for it to sustain itself....
when it started it was fine. click FIGHT and you got into a room that was just about to begin.
As the numbers dropped you'd click FIGHT and end up in a room that was already several minutes into the set. You could then leave, pres FIGHT again, and viola you are back into the same room.
DM was supposed to be a format to play at your convenience. But in reality it was functioning at 16 minute intervals.
Maybe if the rooms wouldnt start when there were only like 4 people in it... but unfortunately that was not the case.
So it died, and the only people who missed it are the ones who liked to play/win/fight in rooms that had 5 people or less in it, with only 2 people actually wanting to win
• There was an "extra time" wait at the end of each DM mini-tournament. It was needed to allow games in progress to finish. But meant other players were stuck doing nothing for as much as a few minutes.
• I couldn never be sure of my winning
• There were times when i won but never received me winnings
• Leaderwars was a new, different way of playing UR and the potential reward was much better than DM
• Unlike ELO or DT, there was no penalty for using broken cards
• And yes, before it's closure, depopulation mean joining old rooms where you had no hope of climbing the ladder or just not finding opponents at all
I only played DM to get xp and boost my account. Sadlymany high leveled experienced players with a shit collection alsi played so it wasnt fun for me to lose everytime against some big 5 player. Also nit everyone is looking for xo many people wants to get cards and money ti get better. So everyone left and went to elo. And ofcourse if we get a new mode again there wouls be to much mides for players so more game modes end up dead.
The first three points in my previous post are interrelated and to clarify them::
When each DM room ended, there would be a little box informing of the final player positions and payouts. In order to see this little box, I had to wait for the end of the room which would sometimes mean waiting for other people to finish playing. If another player's game commenced just before the end of the "normal time" then it might be a 4 minute wait. Which is a huge proportion considering the rooms had 15minutes of "normal" time. If I left the DM room then I wouldnt see the little payout window.
On top of that, there were times when I stayed in the room (especially because I won) but didnt get credited. Little box did not appear and the mission counter for DM wins did not increase. I posted in bugs about this once but didn't bother for subsequent occasions.