This is for all you D0S hosters out there. This template will make it easier to host a D0S, and will help cut down on unintentional errors, especially when used in conjunction with random.org's sequence generator. This post will be split into two, due to the size.
To view the spreadsheet, just copy and paste the link into your browser. You will have the ability to put in comments. Feel free to ask questions, or point out errors. You can also contact me through PM if you have any questions. To use the spreadsheet, you must select file while logged in to google, and then make a copy. This will create a copy of the spreadsheet in your google drive, along with the necessary scripts. (These are completely safe, and are written using Google's app's scripts)
Errors it helps prevent:
• Hand formatting errors will become a thing of the past. Every player's hand will be formatted in the exact same way. This means formatting errors in the player's post are due to the player changing their hand. This might seem unfair at first, but really, all it does is speed up the game.
• Right now, it is highly unlikely that two players will receive the same card. However, I plan to add in an error detection system in the near future.
• Cards that are eliminated, stay eliminated. A bit more on that later.
• If you take the sequence from random.org, split it into three columns, and paste it into the card numbers area, the spreadsheet will automatically match up each number with a card, and then output the formatted hand on the side, like this: Name: Card1/Card2/Card3 Each player's hand will have the exact same formatting.
• If you place anything in the 'eliminated column, the spreadsheet will: Remove the player's name from any future rounds, and remove the player's cards from future round lists.
• There is also a 'round number.' Each round, you can increment this by one. This will reveal the next round's cards, show the new prize list, and also change the 'cards left' statistic, allowing for easy sequence use.
• For the final round, you have the ability to check off whether each player dealt or stole. (Okay, I admit, this is more of a novelty thing)
• I plan to add in the functionality to detect if the host has accidentally given the same card to two people.
• I also plan to add in the ability to remove extra cards, beyond the 6 or 3 each round.
As with any bit of complicated code, there might be errors, and the spreadsheet may not work as intended. If that is the case, please PM me after making sure that:
• The required players have been eliminated (2 in rounds 1-4, 1 in rounds 5-
• Cards have been assigned to each player in the current round
• And that the round number is up to date.
Any additional errors that may show up are unintentional, and I would love to be notified of them immediately. Please feel free to ask for additional features, or ask questions about how to use it, or how it works.