I can tell you firsthand as someone who has played Ulu Watu in ELO LONG BEFORE they ever became popular and after they did, and during the Wooly bullshit. . . .
Ok. My first 1300 was a Roots/Ulu deck.
First things first. If you aren't using an attack manip half, Noland is your best friend.
In fact, in any experimental half decks Noland & Dylan should be your go to's as the solid ones (they both lack real weaknesses but both have no true advantage, they just wall)
If you have an SOB half or SOA half , use something that either creates a gap (Chel , Numar ) or is a multi-tool . (Eugene , Wee Lee )
Your 2* should always be one of these 3:
1) Dave is likely your first choice as a 10 / 3 essentially . You can't go wrong with him as your first choice for a 2*
2) Mango because he synergizes well with the omni-present life-manip of Ulu Watu and is 7/4 with attack manip very nice and combos well
3) Gabrielle because a DR is better than a situational wall like Fanny even though her art has boobies
Now then, the Ld is not worth it and 5* cards like Oraya , Stanly should only be if you have the money and the time/ranking to burn otherwise don't use those 3 as it will almost always be a poor choice. The only 5* 's worth running in this clan are either banned or do not do well in ELO .
The cards you will need :
7) Wee Lee
Those 10 cards are what you will make the most use out of.
8 ) Shaun >>
Anyways , cards You MIGHT need that are useful situationally :
1) Fuzzy June - Because a 9/7 3* against SOA is a nasty , nasty card to face and to have
2) Fanny - 11 /2 2* can be useful, but I warn you against her in most cases
3) Gaia - Interesting card, might be overlooked but is great at low pill wars.
4) Lin Bee Cr - Yes, a starter card that went Cr is actually good. Huh? How? SOA is good, no matter how you look at it. In some cases, this card will be bad, but in others, she is meh. Ice Jim might have 1 more damage but it's more important to capitalize as much as possible on the bonus of Ulu Watu IF you can.