We have been discussing the updates to ELO and DT. This time, we have decided to divide the live testing into two phases. This week, we will only discuss the new DT penalty list. Next week, we will discuss ELO bans. Please feel free to write your feedback regarding the proposed list.
The list of penalty bearing characters in DT will be updated on Monday 22/01/2016
This list may be subject to amendment until Friday 22th.
Here is a provisional list of characters who will be penalized in the DTs:
DJ Korr Cr
Lyse Teria Cr
(NEW) Clover Noel
(NEW) Kalindra Cr
Dr Norton Cr
Retired from the list:
Also, a new rule for the points calculation in DT is added:
Bonus points if you win round 4: 3
Bonus points if you play round 4: 1
Few bonus points will be awarded in case of opponent timeout.
edited by ChaosDragon88 tuesday 19/01/2016, 12:02
Maybe just put -1 on mokra and call us and -1 on sandro + beck/chiara/sasha too so that caelus won't be much in mono where if other skeels are free could be fairly over powered.
But for mokra I don't think that's needed as it won't be played in splash effectively like spyke..its 100%.
Could be powerful in sakrohm half/mono but sakh isn't very powerful dt clan now. So it isn't a problem
After having read your feedbacks, these are the first new changes that we propose you:
- Rhyno, Wolfgang, Zornado, Sigmund Cr and Nova won’t have maluses. We will keep with -25 only the Drs with low stars, low power and big reduction.
- The number of +life cards in the game to be added to the -25 malus list would too big. We will add here only the most difficult card to be faced with this kind of ability: Kalindra Cr.
- As many players point out, damage reducers with low stars can be useful in the type 1 format. Many players play one of them in their deck. We decided to give a -1 malus to the most used among them, instead than -25.
- Caelus Cr will be added to the -1 Malus list. We are still thinking about Mokra: it may be used splash in many decks, as Spike did, so we are not sure if keeping it free or not. Up to discussion.
- We don’t want to add more maluses to the Montana clan, but we agree that -1 may be a malus too little for Avola: we moved her in the -3 list.
- Pilzken is temporary removed from the -1 malus list. The La Junta right now suffer of a very high number of penalties compared to the other clans, and Pilzken may be ok without malus. We may restore him, but not Tolliver and Trish. Up to discussion.
- As many players requested, we will add a little bonus of points in case your opponent will timeout the match. We are not sure about adding bonus points in case of withdrawal: it may increase the number of Freewins in the mode.
The new malus lists is updated in the first message of this topic.
I have some general advices:
Why is the gap between -25 and -3 so big? Makes no sense. And as already mentioned, -1 for a really good card, is not enough. If you want to keep the 25, then at least stick to the -5 and -3. I would prefer 15-5-3 or 20-10-5
You spoke about changing point rule, but didn't mention how many points for timeout. A good compensation there is more important then any other change.
These are things, that need to be fixed before talking about which card should be in which category.
The change in points is explained in the message number 2.
We don't want the players to avoid using the cards with malus -1 and -3, but to think: should I use this card with malus, or should I avoid using it?
This is why we reduced the amount of the malus