After a while of playing almost nothing but survivor I got so bored of the mode, because it's the same decks over and over. Noone tries new things because the new things get destroyed easily
1. Junkz is so OP with Gumbeat, Lorenzald making it nearly impossible to attack once,. with Gumbeat lorenzald combo, without raptors you have to be perfect with pillz or lose. You have to have SOA or Damage cancel to bypass the reducers of the clan, Soneta, Travis, DJ Korr Cr. Only clan weakness is no good SOA cards, this clan is no 1 easilt
2. Riots this clan has everything because of the Rocktana and fugomatic, do you want DR? Here's a 9/7 with -8 Damage and it also gives back a pill. 8/6 SOA here you go. -5 power manip? Better have an SOA or easy 7 damage. Then other amazing cards like Pr priest 8/7 copy bonus the clan is a monster.
3. Gheist. This clan has no weakness unless you are playing Merrie. Because of ksendra if you pillz wrong even once, you can lose with no hope. Rolph and tunders will outpill you eventually.
4. Komboka , not the worst but it has 3 big levels, bahari/Kuwaka/Volkan is amazing, their only weakness is no DR. Old you lose, pill middle Kuwaka wins the game already, pill too much you lose pill disadvantage.
Then skeelz , all stars, ulu watu, dominion are lower, playable but worse than the meta. It's sad that the mode is like this, because some clans get more OP cards it pushes others out. Most people just dont enjoy playing the same thing over and over
I disagree with with a banlist for #survivor. I like the fact that Big cards can actually have a competitive use.
In terms of clans I have actually seen a very fair amount of them, the only ones I only saw once or twice were: Freaks, Rescue, Piranas, Hurracan, Fang Pi and La Junta, Vortex and Ghost Town (8/31 clans). Giving these clans a card with "equalizer" or "per opponent power/damage" ability would probably already make half of them viable.
Also the survivor issue is not too different from the EFC one where clans like GHEIST and Rescue suffer a bit from having a good bonus making a lot of their cards be banned from the game mode.
Clans like Riots and Junks are definitely more popular but with the occasional release of Big cards or cards with power mentioned above, I feel this will only happen less. And having close to 20 available clans to choose from (+ a Rainbow deck with Leader R.Cobb) is already enabling a lot of possible combinations.
Rescue struggles in Survivor for 3 reasons:
1. They are best in Mono (meaning all the Brawl cards essentially decimate them)
2. They are best in Mono (meaning while everyone else is using at least 2 uber-cards or more, Rescue is using Serafina with a bunch of slightly above average 5*...)
3. They are best in Mono (meaning while each card will get +12 attack, that is nothing compared to Lorenzald, Faiza, Bahari, Gruber, and so on).