This is something I have been wondering ever since I got back into the game.
Back in the game you got an amount of votes depending on your ELO at the end of the week. Currently, "You got 10 votes if you finish the week in Z-Palace."
What about people in the Polit area? or EFC tower?
I understand that those players should get less votes, but giving them none just feels wrong.
Everyone is playing in the format, so everyone should have some say in what it looks like.
My suggestion would be 10, 5, 3, 2, 1, 0 votes respectively
But I am also curious what others have to say about this, maybe the top 5% feel very strongly about this
I don't think the top 5% feel very strongly about this...
Also, I think the idea is that only the good players, the ones that reach Z Palace, actually understand the game mode well enough to make good choices on what cards are too strong or not. Also, in EFC, if the top 5% has 10 votes and the remaining 95% or what not have 5, 3, 2 and 1, doesn't that make it so the overwhelming majority of players that either didn't play enough to get a good score or a good grasp on the meta, or that aren't good enough to climb actually get a bigger impact? A smaller individual one, but a larger one as a faction of the playerbase? I didn't do the math but it looks like that would be the case
Those numbers were to scale the impact players have on the bans with respective skill.
They could maybe be adjusted a little, but like this the top 5% still have almsot 50% of the voting power (while almost 25% goes to the next 5%)
If you want to do the math, you can assume there are 100 players in EFC and count votes
The thing is, the lower ranks have the higher percentage of players in them
If we have x players that participated in the season and distribute the votes as (( Who )) suggested, we would have:
10*0.05*x=0.5x votes from Z Palace guys
5*0.1*x=0.5x votes from Polit arena
3*0.15*x=0.45x votes from EFC tower
2*0.2*x=0.4x votes from Danger zone
1*0.25*x=0.25x votes from Chronomuscle ring
as you can see, more than a half of the votes would come from EFC tower and lower
and imo, if you didn't climb to Polit arena at least, you probably either didn't play enough to feel the meta or you're just not good enough to bring much impact on the bans
Wertysi - oh, yeah I just realized I misjudged the percentages. for some reason I thought it was steps of 5%
It still feels somewhat bad, tbh. I usually end up in Polit area but it feels like it does not make a difference if I do, or if I get stuck in the Danger zone. Votes are the same.
Looking at the percentages that are used, I guess sth like 10, 3, 1 for the top three areas should be reasonable. Not only to avoid the feelbad, but also to get people accustomed to thinking about potential bans while they slowly climb in the ranks over multiple seasons.