Most of you will probably have noticed but cardprices on the market have been skyrocketing the past few days. (marlysa Cr going up 300k in a day, Lamar Cr going up to 900k and dropping back down in the span of a few hours...) Normal cards are getting hijacked as well and players are pushing up their prices in the hopes of making large amount of profits from it. This creates a few problems that may not seem pressing but are pretty grave in my opinion.
1. The market is being controlled by a select group of superrich people that control the price of any cards they want, and not this group of people is not Staff-related.
2. Even cheap beginner cards are getting more and more expensive and even players that cant buy on the market usually pay around market price. If the price gets too high, new players will be discouraged, will not play this game all that long and wont buy credits. (why buy credits if it will most likely get you nothing you want, and will not even raise a 4th of clintz you need to get say, your vermyn N)
3. Cr cards are unreachable for people, even those that can buy credits. Ok not everybody needs a DJ Korr Cr, but all those people playing to get a full collection wont be playing if that DJ Korr Cr becomes impossible to acquire.
Yes I know they are handed out in ELO, but this is system is currently flawed, only making it easier on the rich people to get those Cr's they alraedy have. The poor people will have a harder time winning a Cr every time they dont win.
The insane price rises are also partly to due to the next cr speculation. You have seen cards like marco, jackie and most noticeably tanaereva jump to double even triple their price last year. This is another example of card hording, they think that a card will go cr so they buy 20 of them raising market values for legitimate buyers. I already have these cards so it doesn't affect me as much but for newer players, it must be a nuisence. When I bought my tanaereva end of last year for about 20k, I thought it was overpriced but when I saw how much he shot up recently I count myself lucky. Its another case of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, but there is little that can be done about it. As far as reducing the cost of packs, this will not impact the price of crs as much as it would the price of common cards. It would also reduce the company's profit resulting in less card distribution. The only way to bring down the prices of cr is to redistribute them or for players to start selling at a decent price, either way I wouldn't hold my breathe.
That is such a dumb idea deesnider2. If you can only buy 10 or so cards a hour have fun waiting longer for you to get the clintz needed for dj. The market is fine as is.
Only people crying are the ones that can't beat the hoarders because they want to "Control" (a) card(s) or people that can't buy credits. Funny thing is anyone can get credits... Just get a job/do online surveys/ask a relations. Like I said in the past I barely play. Hardly sell anything yet I'm able to buy the new cards if I want.
• Copper Level 5 - sold to FC_Juv3ntino - 13 000 Clintz.
• Ogoun Kyu Level 1 - sold to Ninja-zero - 69 Clintz. (Private)
• Hawkins Level 2 - sold to Simple0313 - 69 Clintz. (Private)
• Dalhia Level 5 - sold to Simple0313 - 69 Clintz. (Private)
• Allison Level 3 - sold to Kate - 240 Clintz.
• Frank Level 2 - sold to UC_hype - 50 Clintz. (Private)
• Sakazuki Level 2 - sold to UC_hype - 50 Clintz. (Private)
• Lihoi Chun Level 2 - sold to UC_hype - 50 Clintz. (Private)
• Mac Hen Level 3 - sold to UC_hype - 50 Clintz. (Private)
• Robin Level 3 - sold to UC_hype - 50 Clintz. (Private)
• Zoltan Level 3 - sold to UC_hype - 50 Clintz. (Private)
That is my complete sell history for the last month excluding the rest of Hype's sells. Last time I spent credits was about a month ago and that was just 1 text msg to see if I could then. Market is fine as is. Quit beating this dead horse.
So...you're complaining because players that have been around longer or spent more money than you can influence the market? If you don't like it, you could spend some more money and then counter their high prices, or create a player group to do just that; to be quite honest, I don't think it matters that much. Worse comes to worse, just keeping playing in tournaments until you get enough credits for another pack of cards, purchase said cards and rinse and repeat until you get the card/clintz to buy the card you want.