Bree
Warren
Taigo
Gabrielle
Nanook
Gaia
Buck
Stanly

The arrival of the Vortex has provided the greedy Uppers with an unprecedented opportunity to wipe out those clans which are deemed too poor to justify their existence in society. Seizing the opportunity, the Uppers quickly extended their hands (and pocketbooks) to the Vortex in an attempt to ally themselves with the new and powerful faction. The Vortex, realizing their need for resources and information regarding Clint City, accepted the offer and an alliance between the two clans formed. The truth of the matter, however, is that each clan plans on betraying the other once the other clans have been dealt with and Clint City is open to a quick and easy take over. Thus, Glenn commands the finest and most distinguished celebrities from the ranks of the Uppers, while Dagg and his personal bounty hunters, Deea and Neloe, lead a horde of violent C Wings into battle. The fate of Clint City has been sealed.

Hi guys, here's a quick link to my latest ELO deck. Let me know what you think! smiley

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1444304

thursday 12/08/2010

"I think there has been enough talk."

Good point. I'll close this for now and set up an event over the next few days. Once we've done some testing we can get some proper feedback on the idea.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread.

As everyone is aware, new bans have happened. And i imagine that bannings will continue. The combination of staff bans and player bans should see some changes in deck and clan options. If this continues, the importance of collecting as many of the clans as possible and being experienced in playing each clan will continue to increase.

selling and buying a new ELO deck each week becomes more of a chore if the bans are constantly rotated.
So the solution is to collect and play

Play as many different clans and clan combinations that you existing collection allows (use Survivor ELO if you want to protect your current ELO score)

There is no replacement for experience. You may understand the bonus/ability of a card or clan. You may have played against a given card/clan and are quite familiar with it. You may have read the card reviews. You may have imagined different scenarios on how the card would combo with other card. But nothing replaces the experience you will have when using that card and going through all the thought process.... if i play this first, he will counter with this, or i want to play this card but i need to make sure it avoids being matched up vs a certain opponents card... and so on.

For example, ive played vs Vortex a few times, i understand the bonus, i understand the abilities, but ive never played a votex half deck or full deck yet. As a result my understanding of Vortex and how they actually work is a bit limited. So although i can do well vs decks with vortex. im sure i would do better if i played vortex.

When you play the certain deck/card it allows you to have first hand experience of what specific matchups they are strong against, and what specific matchups they will struggle against. The better you are with a given deck, the better you will be at facing and beating the same deck.

And finally, once you are familiar and quite good a using the clans that are in your collection... the better prepared you will be a putting together good ELO decks regardless of what cards/clans are allowed... and you will be able to beat a lot of players who are not as prepared as you are.

enjoy

I've actually seen other fang pi users this week. it's nice to see that. most of the weeks i feel i'm the only one in the game sporting a marlysa cr

Http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1442254&list

any thoughts?

apart from kuei for kerrozin.. i find kuei much more fit in my playstyle

Pussycats are a bit short handed....

but running low star half deck of muse ella brittany and svelthlana 1* 17 more stars to spend on some heavy hitters.

or you could use Louise over Svelthlana and still have 13 more stars for Petra Murray Wakai/Naboh and Jautya

Thx guys that clearts up ALOT of confusion and fixes those rediculous losses.. my ELO rating & I both thank you.

Doing bettr this week guys.. thanks for the tips. My highest so far was 1303 or something like that. Hovering aroudn hte 1250 mark currently.

Read the meta game. What clans are you running into the most post 1300e? For example, if you're seeing a lot of rescue it might be an idea to try an SoB clan.

Post 1300 you're down to three main things I find:

How well you read the meta game.
Your raw ability with the game.
Luck of the draw.

There's no one deck or combination that will constantly get you to 1400e.

St3f im at 1315... you can just check my account

wednesday 11/08/2010

I started playing in May on my iphone but have recently started reading some of the boards online. I reached 1247 ELO in my 1st week and 1300+ a few times already. I'm curious about the guilds, but not sure if I'm ready to join one yet.

I don't know if this is the right forum for this type of introduction but I figured I'd test it out.

Id spend the clintz on Gil and Rowdy... it will allow you to play much much more deck possibilities (beyond ELO and even within ELO if they are unbanned) since you could run mono-Junks or Junks/any other clan you want

Emeth on the other hand means you play mono-Junta. In half deck Junta Naginata is usually a better choice.

Andsom = > Katan for the new elo, imo.

Ok so I have been running several decks for the past couple of weeks.
The One I am working with currently is a sakrohm deck
deleted

deleted
I ran the pirates for a little while with no success.

1368 Elo smiley
I have run jungo mostly this week with fairly decent results. I hit about 1150 before falling back, and I could see getting some luck together and hitting the 1200 ish area with that deck.

I usually try to prevent second turn ko's if I lose on the first turn, but I'm curious if I should not do that and just slightly pill so if the opp doesn't go for the 2hko I have better pills than I might have if I went balls out, and if I lose then Maybe use a lowish star card for the fall? would that decrease the elo I lose for the fail : ) ?

Anyway which of the decks looks best to you guys and what would you change. THANKS!
Thanks mods for posting : )

tuesday 10/08/2010

monday 09/08/2010

1 messages

Dunno, but they took them off. Besides for Hawkins, Jessie and Bristone, who apparently will be free next week, given the players don't catch them.

I did try them i didnt like um

The most obvious switch is Thormund in for Winston. Thormund is practically a must in mono-La Junta, and winning the round will block a lot more than 3 damage min 3. Also, Winston's 6 power without manipulation is just too low to scare anyone.

Other than that, your deck looks pretty solid. Pay attention to the decks you're facing. Heavy damage decks suggest the introduction of Jane Ramba for a bit of DR (probably for Bruce, who's basically just a Wardog plus one damage after all). If you're meeting a lot of SOA, consider replacing Trish with Nahomi. Or you might want to mix it up with Archibald if pillz manipulation is your style.

Create a subject