wednesday 24/02/2010

Lower leveled players are only a threat if you think too much. Don't think. Go for the 6 pills - 6 pills KO if possible. Your chance of winning is much higher than theirs.

Hi there,

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1117770

thats the deck i made, i dont have the fancy CR's from montana or uppers, but would like some feedback on how to make this deck better for DT's...

i got good help last time on my rescue deck, i tried out the tiny cuts deck, and get nice rankings top 50-100, but i wanna try to go higher.

now i start my DT's with tiny cuts to get some fast points and finish with my rescue deck. its been a smooth ride to top 100 almost every time, untill i get the battles againt montana/uppers or the montana/hugo combo's then i get owned easily, no matter what i try...my math skills are pretty good, just the guessing how many pills opponent would use is kinda off...

so i reread all the "school" tutorials again...and hope to do better next time.

It has been more than 1 week since the latest flash version update, and I have noticed there must be something wrong with the randomness!
For the whole week, I have taken nearly 300 battles in random mode (just hope things go fast in random) during DT. But all of them show up a big problem with the randomness. If there is not a sure-shot in a certain round, 90% of the time there occurs a delay when my chararaters attack and then I lose the rounds. WHY? This is VERY Abnormal. I lose just because my computer is not the faster one?
And what's more, it seems someone else has suffered this as well!
http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=1&id_subject=1333890&subject_page=0
So I'd like to ask is there anyone else has noticed this too......

I'm trying out a 16 star deck: http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1117708

If anyone's got any advice for making it better/less worse it's much appreciated!

Your where probarly watching at the ranking of the month, week or day, and so you only see the BP's of that time, a level 36 is most likely playing for a few months already and so not all his battlepoints are displayed.
go to the ''overal'' rankings and it should be that the higher the bp's the higher the level

Fang Pi Clang With bonus has a few surprise shots for 6 damage in Xia Leming and Windy Mor
With those two my math says you have room for 5 more stars (if you're going for elo) which means Chan and Another FPC 3 Star. Maybe Yusuke.

"i mean what the hell how many points can you get for a win with that pile or garbage"

Ever considered that not everyone is aiming at winning tournaments (most are happy with the 1 credit prize) or that people are just there to play?
I hate it myself when people take ages to play a card (even when they lose 100%), but since there are no "tournament only" rooms we gotta live with that...

1 thing to say ----------------------------
MONTANA

Well, Bangers are really versatile. Plenty of DR, a good defensive SOA, SOB, lots of great high-star options, and Loocio helps out a lot too. So I wouldn't start off with Bangers, but rather start off with another clan and patch up their weaknesses with Bangers.

An idea:

Nellie
Rubie
Oxen
Samantha
Chlora
Blaaster
Loocio
B Ball

Really weak to SOB, yes, though otherwise Bangers patch up Uppers' power issues, complement their 6 damage for some nice 2HKO, help with those higher pilled battles, offer a DR, etc.

That total power though is really abyssmal >_< I haven't tried this deck so if you try it be warned that those power issues are nearly Rescue-level bad.

Sucks bro smiley

tuesday 23/02/2010

Jungo and Junta may work so long as your good with at least one of the clans. If I were you I'd play some practice room matches with Jungo so you can get really good at using them.

Accepting for the sake of argument that no-bonus reduction could win many games, that much -dmg slows games down far too much. People think more about how to get around them. People who are going to beat you for sure can't quickly end it with a fury, wasting precious clock w/o any point gain for you. Anything that slows you down or induces slower moves from your opponents is a bad idea in a DT :o

I think someone did this once. Exel chart with all characters up to that point and prices at that time.

6 messages

Almost No One Wants Him And More And More PLayers Are Leveling Up Pretty Fast

Please no spamming your own threads. I am looking for decks that have done well in DT
Please No making obvious ones (I.E. No Hugo plus monts etc.)

Yeah, I think the main differences are the popularity of certain cards/clans as well as the strategies people use. Of course, you can play player-banned cards in T1 and T2 with no penalty and staff-banned cards with a moderate penalty but it seems like the player-banned cards aren't as common as one would think. I have only ever fought Caelus once in T1/T2 and I don't know if I have ever fought a Slyth or a Shakra in T1/T2.

Yes, in ELO, the points you get for the DT are exactly the same as for the other DT rooms, unfortunately you also are competing against the people in the other DT rooms and so its pretty much impossible since people play slower and more carefully in ELO and there isn't the occasional easy battle against people using their starting 8 cards + Timber.

monday 22/02/2010

You should not be using more than 8 cards in your deck, dont use simon, even if he has soa, his power is too low, and angelina is not good as stated previously, when you get hugo, take out enzo for it. Spiaghi should be in your deck, take out filomena or ottavia for it.

Went for the Classic Montana/Uppers.
Its 28* but well worth it.
Plus the only reason its 28* is because i replaced Zatman for dorion, for the simple reason
i lose 2 points for using zatman anyway lol so why not have dorion insted smiley

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1113711

Rate and comment smiley

Cool. That cleared everything up for me. Thanks guys.

Got your PM btw Yami. I appreciate it. =)

Create a subject