Hey all. I'm really struggling putting together a good EFC deck. I have all cards available for the mode from the market but I'm missing several LDs. And it looks like most presets use multiple LDs.
Dr Van Wessel
Any tips for building decks for this format or any decklists that are solid would be greatly appreciated.
EFC quests are more rewarding than DT-s. So you are more rewarded there if you have more than one tourney deck and are wondering what to do with all those cards you will go to EFC, and Z- place is fairly easy reachable for 10 battles a day and that is a golden card each day. Now the chances of that card to be a good on are quite not hght but getting a card you do not have in your collection that is otherwise a total garbage is fine. And tourneys do last an hour.
However the EFC quest are kind of long ones, and if your collection is lacking cards or your good ones are banned so unless not in Z-place rewards are not worth that much. For example the 50 damage with a leader makes your quests super long, you have to draw it and than win a round with it and guess what, whoever you are fghting will know you will want to deal damage with that. So you are left with a choice bluff with leader not pill there and lose quest progression and win fight or win a very unfavorable round with your leader and lose the match.
Sometimes its hard to get good rewards and be compettive and the grinds for good stuff are really really long. And sometimes you finish a grind to get super expensive card for it just to get banned and not be able to use it anyway. Unless you pay than its much easyer.
So final advice is to play DT until you make few decks, Ex: one atk maniop (junks,coppers, monti or rescue, the other ones are not that competitive). One damage ( junta, berserk, jungo, FPC) one pill deck ( junks, pirhana, riot, kambooka) one counter deck ( that includes few different types of counter you have a SoA deck a Sob deck, high power walls or damage reduction you get in this bracket the skeels and raptors clan since you get nifty protections that everyone uses even without a clan)
Than you begin to notice that some clans ar in few brackets whitch can save you money, however people know that and those perticular clans are considered OP or are fairly overpriced. Ex junks, they get into the atk manipulation bracket with cards like Rowdy cr gumbeat rocky. , blink ,locke, trixie (pair those with sob to counter raptors and sob clans to gain big advantages) , the high powered walls, ex Haze, soneta, flux, skyler, onik, june, dreen, oriold ,travis ld, romana cr.( combination of power and attack manip is super effective) they got pills manipulation gill cr , tramorh. timanov. I mean you get the point only 1500 characters can't put everything junks have. and their Soa and sob and dr cards are OP as well. compare them with uppers whose best card is a 8/8 that kills you when you play it. or the only sob card usable in your deck to protect you vs raptors is 5/2. I mean there is hefty but than you can't use the 8/8 kill yourself card .
- build a balanced deck initially
- play a lot of games in the beginning days of a season to get a hang of what people are playing and what your deck is lacking
- take note of your losses and 50-50s. 50-50s are bad and you can't rely on luck all the time to win
- adjust your deck to give you a better hand in situations you'd have lost and those you drew
- don't be afraid to switch decks
- always have in mind that as long as you've hit a certain score, you can do it again so keep playing
- remember, your weakest hand should be able to stand a chance against your strongest hand i.e if you can't beat your strongest hand with your weakest hand, you'll most likely lose a lot of games against other player's strongest hands when your weak hands shows up and oh it does show up a lot of times
Building on Lcne Evo's great point about 50/50s, you may as well consider a 50/50 where you have to win both those 2 rounds to win as a failure of the deck, even if the battle is won. So a good potential strategy is to build a deck which
1. Allows you to avoid 50/50s
2. Allows you to play in the 1st 2 rounds such that, any 50/50s that do occur require the opponent to win both 2 rounds, not you. This means doing heavy damage in the 1st 2 rounds, taking care to have a decent amount of pillz remaining, at least 3/4. It helps if your 2* cards do at least 3, preferably 4/5 damage, and 4* cards 6, with 5 as an absolute minimum